If you could only eat the cuisine from one country

Thread resurrection time.

The tread is new to me. Being shy, as you all know me to be, I'm reluctant to say... but I will. :D

I'd have to go with the cuisine of the US. The reason is that it is the result the cuisine of 100 countries through immigration. The variety is the attraction for me.

A NYC pizza is inspired by the original pizzas in Napoli, but they are at the same time, unique to NYC. Here in Texas, chicken fried steak was first created by German and Austrian immigrants to Texas in the 19th century, who brought recipes for wiener schnitzel from Europe to the USA. There is a whole category of food known everywhere as TexMex.

In addition, every region of the US has its own group of foods unique to them. In Pennsylvania, they eat something called scrapple with their breakfst eggs. Most people in Texas have never even heard of scrapple.

Here is a link to some regional foods, many inspired by foods from the homelands of immigrants.

List of regional dishes of the United States - Wikipedia

CD

Last edited:
In Pennsylvania, they eat something called scrapple with their breakfst eggs. Most people in Texas have never even heard of scrapple.
I nearly bought some scrapple today, although any self-respecting Cincy boy knows goetta is where it's at! :laugh:

If I really had to choose, I would choose Indonesian food. Indonesia is so huge, and so important for who I am that I can't go without the food I'm used to from there.
Basically all my favorite foods of all time are Indonesian, with the exeption of pizza and specifically Indian curry. But Indonesia has it's own curries, which would satisfy me enough if I had to be deprived of Indian ones.
I would miss some good cheese if such a thing came to pass, but the incredible flavor of Indonesian food would make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom