If You Won The Lottery Tomorrow What Would You Do With The Proceeds?

kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
6:31 AM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
What an interesting thought...
What would you do with "free money"?

Caseydog had posted in another thread that he won the Lottery in Texas, USA.
I read his post to my husband and we started talking about that, what would we do?

One of two things:
1) Buy something that we'd really want (which at this time, we really don't want for anything)
2) Put the monies away somewhere

Adored my Audi sport of 15 years ago. I went from that to a Mercedes automatic.

Chalk and cheese. The former was sh*t off a shovel, the later latter cardigan and a pipe, wasn't sure if I was still alive or had died and gone to an old beige hell on earth.

Weird thing is when chop time came did I go for an Audi or stay with the Merc?

Stuck with the Merc. Never had a car you arrive in a more relaxed state than you left in and that‘s a balm you can’t give up.

Oddly it’s the Audi I remember more fondly?!!

Adored my Audi sport of 15 years ago. I went from that to a Mercedes automatic.

Chalk and cheese. The former was sh*t off a shovel, the later latter cardigan and a pipe, wasn't sure if I was still alive or had died and gone to an old beige hell on earth.

Weird thing is when chop time came did I go for an Audi or stay with the Merc?

Stuck with the Merc. Never had a car you arrive in a more relaxed state than you left in and that‘s a balm you can’t give up.

Oddly it’s the Audi I remember more fondly?!!

My current Audi is my forth Audi. I love them. I bought a Mercedes in 1999, and really liked it, too. I gave it to my ex-wife in the divorce. She traded it in for a Jaguar X-Type. That was a stupid move, but my ex was pretty, not brainy.

This was my favorite. An A6 allroad quattro. Very rare in the US.

_DSC0829.jpg

TR mentioned my MINI. It was a really fun money pit. I finally had to let it go. When repairs cost more that the value of the car, it's time to say goodbye.

CD

My current Audi is my forth Audi. I love them. I bought a Mercedes in 1999, and really liked it, too. I gave it to my ex-wife in the divorce. She traded it in for a Jaguar X-Type. That was a stupid move, but my ex was pretty, not brainy.

This was my favorite. An A6 allroad quattro. Very rare in the US.

View attachment 98177

TR mentioned my MINI. It was a really fun money pit. I finally had to let it go. When repairs cost more that the value of the car, it's time to say goodbye.

CD
Damn I‘m sorry to hear your mini cost you, I’m a big fan.. the sort fan that had an original n adores them.. but then buys german 😬😆
Quattro is not uncommon here but that doesn't detract from it being good.

My current car has to leave the building, I’ve hung onto it for sentimental reasons but the fact is there are far more environmentally friendly alternatives available.

My current car has to leave the building, I’ve hung onto it for sentimental reasons but the fact is there are far more environmentally friendly alternatives available.

My Q5 has a 2.0L Turbo. My office is in my house. The airport is 25 miles from my house. I get 25MPG, and drive less than 10,000 miles per year. My carbon footprint is not very big.

CD

My wife (and her family) love to have the lottery discussion. I refuse to participate, because when they talk about it, they actually start fighting because one person won’t like something another person said, and I have to remind them that they’re fighting over a fantasy.

That said, here goes: I’d keep it simple: a cottage somewhere in the north of England, maybe even Scotland, and a posh flat in London, and then a similar “town and country” setup in the US.

What I’d also do is not breathe a word of it to either of our families until we were out of the country for a while. I wouldn’t want to put up with, “Your niece needs a bigger house/I need a car” bullcrap that would be inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom