Im back

old geezer advice, from my 1960's PDP8 days:

#1 - be sure you have all your passwords written down.
#2 - delete all cookie and browser history every week.

I have no idea nut I couldn't get on this site
I couldn't remember log in and after contacting another member they suggested I do an e mail.
This morning I saw e mail from site owner and to my surprise I wasn't blocked or banned. Just a glitch my end.
Thanks for prompt reply SatNavSaysStraightOn

Russ
Glad you're back online.

Please change your password if you haven't already done so.

I don't know about all you other blokes over 60, but passwords and PINS and all that security stuff drives me insane. I've got my passwords, special questions, keys, PINS, whatever, all written down, and you can bet your life that,when I have to use them, for some reason or another, I get a stupid message saying " IS THIS REALLY YOU????" :hyper: :hyper:
Most of my passwords are expletives, because I have to change the damned things so often, that's what comes out.:laugh::laugh:

I have all of my passwords in a list that I update and print out from time to time.

To be safe, I don't keep the actual passwords in my list, but cryptic reminders. Example: "RedHoneymoon4bread" would mean nothing to anyone else, but I would get it (that's a totally made up example).

My dad used dog names in passwords. If he had "dog9" in a PW on his list, he would know what that means, and so would I. It would be the name of the ninth dog they had, which only he or an immediate family member would know.

CD

I have all of my passwords in a list that I update and print out from time to time.

To be safe, I don't keep the actual passwords in my list, but cryptic reminders. Example: "RedHoneymoon4bread" would mean nothing to anyone else, but I would get it (that's a totally made up example).

My dad used dog names in passwords. If he had "dog9" in a PW on his list, he would know what that means, and so would I. It would be the name of the ninth dog they had, which only he or an immediate family member would know.

CD

My main password is the name of my fave German shepherd. My phone set up was set 20 years ago.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom