Impeachment of Trump

Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
7:30 PM
I have been watching the debate on CNN religiously. It's just so Hollywood (I mean that in a good way ). The rule of silence when someone is at the podium should be implemented in the House of Commons. I will reserve my verdict until it is complete. I have a question for our American family members. What are the viewing stats for the different platforms showing the proceedings. I would add a supplementary question. I can only watch the analysis on CNN. I appreciate that their analysts have an agenda as I do, but how are say Fox news responding. I used Sky in the UK and would on occasion watch Faux news. Does any non Americans do this to be fair and balanced ?

I never waste(my personal opinion) my time on such debates etc but I wait for the end result (although that's obvious too. lol)

However, I watch CNN for the extreme US version, RT for the opposition, Al Jazeera for the opportunistic view, Xinhua for an alternative view, and the comments on all of them for the truth. :roflmao:

I'm not a non-American, but I go out of my way to view news/opinion from all over the spectrum, following the old adage that there's your version, my version, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I don't know what viewership is for the proceedings here, but I'd guess it's very, very low and mainly for the hardcore political junkies. I do my thorough news reading over lunch, get the headlines update with the evening news, I have the news on in the car, and that's it.

Hard to believe that this sweet little boy grew into a lustful bullying monster who only wants things his way!!! :headshake:

The defense sure went all in on out of context, poorly edited and in a few cases out right lied...then the double down on easily proven lies...really quite a spectacle, and a spectacle that I'm sure Trump wanted. Not the stuff the mangers put forward, all in a ver non partisan, non drama filled, non musical "dunn DUNN dunnnn" type nonsense.

Certainly the world is watching, and will watch as yet again a man who failed his way to the top skates on yet another thing, and will never be held accountable for. Then, the ambulance chaser lawyer/s get to add to their resume that they got the ex POTUS off on a case, as if there were ever a chance he'd be found guilty.

One of the funniest thing, van der Veen was on a legal team that sued Trump last year for his lies about mail-in voting fraud and fought to have DeJoy fired/removed.

Now with what it coming out about the McCarthy call, it really begs the question: If Trump didn't incite anyhting, then WHY was the GOP looking to Trump to "call them off"?

Fox news and other right-wing US-based networks are brushing it under the rug. CNN and MSNBC are full-speed coverage.

Reactions: mjd
Senate voting now. His defense could have stood up there and read a Chinese carryout menu and they'd find him not guilty.

It will be really interesting to see how other news agencies the world over react/report on Monday. I tend to do a bit of BBC world, PBS News Hour, a bit of Newsy, and the rest is all online. More so, it'll be interesting to see how history looks back on all of this.

Yes, what a waste of time the trial was. We already knew the outcome. Listening to Mitchie Trump's Bitchie talking right now trying to rationalize why they acquitted the Donald"The Beast" Trump.

Only 7 crossed the floor, the managers presented their case excellent IMHO. I can't believe only 7 though. I guess it's now up to nyc to persue him now?
He really is lucky, or someone to be frightened of?

Russ

Only 7 crossed the floor, the managers presented their case excellent IMHO. I can't believe only 7 though. I guess it's now up to nyc to persue him now?
He really is lucky, or someone to be frightened of?

Russ
It's not him, it's his Republican followers (the ones who still do like him) that would likely not vote for those cowards next time around. That's who they fear. Trump is done. The party is so divided now that in future elections, the Democratic party will be far more solid than the two new parties that will likely emerge when the smoke clears.

It's not him, it's his Republican followers (the ones who still do like him) that would likely not vote for those cowards next time around. That's who they fear. Trump is done. The party is so divided now that in future elections, the Democratic party will be far more solid than the two new parties that will likely emerge when the smoke clears.

He may well form the patriot party??

Russ

He may well form the patriot party??

Russ
Something like that. But there are a lot of Republicans who voted for him in the last election that will not do so in the future because of what happened at the Capitol. I already know of many Republicans who didn't vote for him in the last election (my sister being one of them) such as diplomats and retired military generals. So I really don't think he stands a snowball's chance in hell of getting re-elected. Also, some of his supporters who stormed the Capitol feel betrayed right now, so he is losing additional members of his base. I also think that if Biden does things right for the next 4 years, the Democrats are going to be looking like a shiny new bike. Of course Biden won't be able to serve another term, that would be ridiculous. Honestly, he's too old for the job right now as it is. I can't imagine he will want to go another 4 even if he thought he could win. But it won't be a Republican winner in the next election I am fairly certain.

Besides, he is getting squeezed financially right now. He was and is a terrible business person, and so many of his holdings are losing so much money...and I am pretty sure NY is going to go after him with criminal charges. That will have a different outcome I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom