In the middle of the night...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:34 PM
Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and feel hungry? Do you sneak downstairs and raid the fridge? Or perhaps you sometimes stay up way past midnight and crave some food in the early hours of the morning.

I'm certainly guilty of the latter and the one thing that hits the spot, is cheese on toast with lots of Worcestershire sauce. What foods do you crave for if you stay up late or wake up in the night?

I have periods, I'm a night person, wife goes to bed around 10 and I around 11.30 or even 1 am. If I havnt eaten during the day, I might do cheese on toast with bacon onion and tomatoe. Occasionally I might heat something up. I havnt eaten at night for about 3 or 4 months. Mainly because I've been working a bit. I'm also known to open a can of baked beans and eat cold out of the tin late at night.

Russ

Sometimes I just skip the whole "jam" idea and put fresh raspberries on top.
You really need to taste the difference between store and home made. We grow our own raspberries. And strawberries. This season we only got just under 2 kgs, but the year before I picked 9 kgs.
Home made rules around here.

Russ

You really need to taste the difference between store and home made. We grow our own raspberries. And strawberries. This season we only got just under 2 kgs, but the year before I picked 9 kgs.
Home made rules around here.

Russ
Agreed. Fresh and wild simply tastes better. Our family used to go blueberry and raspberry picking in northern Michigan. The next morning, my Mom would make the greatest pancakes. Yummmmmmy.

Agreed. Fresh and wild simply tastes better. Our family used to go blueberry and raspberry picking in northern Michigan. The next morning, my Mom would make the greatest pancakes. Yummmmmmy.

Blueberries are new to me in the last 5 years, wife bought some canes not long ago. Man where have they been all my life. I love them.

Russ

Any suggestions for using the blueberries?? Jam?? Pie???
We eat them as we buy them, they don't last long.

Russ

[Mod.Edit - this post has been copied to start a new thread and the replies to it moved too - see here: Suggestions for using blueberries ]

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened to me a couple of nights ago. We'd made a Caesar salad for supper using some leftover chicken. The chicken was tough, so we didn't end up eating much. I woke at 03:00 feeling ravenous. Nothing much in the fridge so I sneaked down to the hotel bar and managed to raid a couple of sandwiches from the chiller. Tuna and cucumber in whole grain bread really hit the spot. If I'm peckish at bedtime I usually have some cheese.

This happened to me a couple of nights ago. We'd made a Caesar salad for supper using some leftover chicken. The chicken was tough, so we didn't end up eating much. I woke at 03:00 feeling ravenous. Nothing much in the fridge so I sneaked down to the hotel bar and managed to raid a couple of sandwiches from the chiller. Tuna and cucumber in whole grain bread really hit the spot. If I'm peckish at bedtime I usually have some cheese.
You can help yourself to,hotels food??

Russ

I don't think I've ever actually done that, especially when I was younger - I would've got told off by my mother.

Back
Top Bottom