Insomniac's Thread

Urgh my third night in a row awake when I don’t want to be! Last night I was awake from 1-6am the night before I didn't get to sleep til after 3am. I’m considering taking some melatonin. Now that is a super chill pill!

Urgh my third night in a row awake when I don’t want to be! Last night I was awake from 1-6am the night before I didn't get to sleep til after 3am. I’m considering taking some melatonin. Now that is a super chill pill!

Not for me. I've tried. I've read that if you take too much, it can actually keep you awake.

Over-the-counter sleeping pills do nothing for me, either.

CD

I'm struggling with waking up to early. As I'm having a week off I planned to sleep from 10pm to 6:30 am, woke up yesterday at something like 5am and today at the same time.
I take melatonin plus baldrian since years and it's doing a good job for me, but when I wake up I keep browsing the internet what is a bad habit as the blue light triggers my wake up cycle. I'll try some relaxation tomorrow after waking up and to keep the lights shut

I'm struggling with waking up to early. As I'm having a week off I planned to sleep from 10pm to 6:30 am, woke up yesterday at something like 5am and today at the same time.
I take melatonin plus baldrian since years and it's doing a good job for me, but when I wake up I keep browsing the internet what is a bad habit as the blue light triggers my wake up cycle. I'll try some relaxation tomorrow after waking up and to keep the lights shut
Leaving your tech in another room so you can’t use it works a treat. I have a Kobo e-reader (same as a kindle really) that I use so theres something nice to read (thats also yellow lit rather than blue) and it works..
when I have the discipline to leave my tech in another room that is 😬

Do you find you build up a tolerance to the melatonin? Most of these type of medications are for short term use OR specify you must have a complete break every few weeks to so they don’t lose efficacy.

Last edited:
Not for me. I've tried. I've read that if you take too much, it can actually keep you awake.

Over-the-counter sleeping pills do nothing for me, either.

CD
Hmm well I woke up after 11am in the morning so that is quite the success, although quite a shock and it’s fair to say I feel I may have been shot with a tranquilliser gun 😂

I was sucked downward into sleep with no choice in the matter and although I did wake twice it had that very heavy limbed I’m so sleepy feel to it that I went back to sleep quickly.

Diluting it in a small amount of water seemed to make it very fast acting. I will take it again but I’ll leave it in reserve for when I‘ve had a few poor nights because I feel like it’s still washing over me now and I can’t imagine being able to function properly today.

Leaving your tech in another room so you can’t use it works a treat. I have a Kobo e-reader (same as a kindle really) that I use so theres something nice to read (thats also yellow lit rather than blue) and it works..
when I have the discipline to leave my tech in another room that is 😬

Due you find you build up a tolerance to the melatonin? Most of these type of medications are for short term use OR specify you must have a complete break every few weeks to so they don’t lose efficacy.
The idea with the tech is good, right now I try to maintain a stable routine. Either I go to the soupkitchen at 8.30am to 3pm, then I'll go home and do some house stuff and then I'll head out into my local forest chant a prayer, do some workout, brain jogging and meditation. Then I'll go home, take a shower, grab my book at 9pm and try to sleep at 10pm.
Or I'll start with my forest workout, go to my workplace at 2pm, go home at 11pm, read my book and then sleep at 12pm.

Sometimes I switch to sleeping pills without melatonin

The idea with the tech is good, right now I try to maintain a stable routine. Either I go to the soupkitchen at 8.30am to 3pm, then I'll go home and do some house stuff and then I'll head out into my local forest chant a prayer, do some workout, brain jogging and meditation. Then I'll go home, take a shower, grab my book at 9pm and try to sleep at 10pm.
Or I'll start with my forest workout, go to my workplace at 2pm, go home at 11pm, read my book and then sleep at 12pm.

Sometimes I switch to sleeping pills without melatonin
It works a treat for me but you do then need a decent alarm clock if you want to stick to routine. I use a wristwatch that vibrates because I can sleep through most noises!

I'm using alarms or time stamps for starting training, to end training, go to bed and wake up.
I just use my phone

I went to bed early, and woke up at midnight. I'm having a light snack and a glass of milk.

CD

Good luck with the next night.
Wento bed at 10pm and woke up at 12pm to a notification alarm due to a mistake in my sleep setting. Could sleep again until 5:30am. Would like to sleep until 6:30am

Back
Top Bottom