Is a Pressure Cooker Safe?

Recently, we disposed a pressure cooker which was actually older than me. There has been no pressure cooker related accidents in our home. However, I have a cousin who almost died when pressure cooker burst. However, these are exception. Pressure cooker is safe

I also have childhood memories of a family friend having issues with a pressure cooker. I have always avoided them in the past. The new ones have me wondering if I should try one now that they have become safer to use.

I'm a huge fan of pressure cooking and so long as you use it properly and make sure its well looked after I believe they're perfectly safe.

I remember my mum using an old pressure cooker when I was growing up - don't remember any accidents tho! A few years ago I rescued a really old pressure cooker from my mother in law's dump pile - it wasn't the easiest thing to use, though the results when cooking with it were great. When that finally gave up the ghost I got myself an electric pressure cooker and its so much easier to use.

There are plenty of great pressure cookers out there. Digital ones, or even old fashioned ones like the one I use. They are perfectly fine as long as you know HOW to use them. They need a good seal to build up pressure to cook the food. Also when you finished pressuring you need to allow it to cool down first. This is extremely important. On mine, a little button pops up to tell you when it is safe. I use mine all the time to soften my beans since I don't usually like cooking them so long on my electric stove.

Back
Top Bottom