Is Anyone Here on a Vitamin Regimen?

I could never wrap my head around the fact that people eat something that filters toxins out of the blood. Seems pretty gross (not to mention the appearance of it raw and the way it smells and tastes when cooked). Yeah, and I know that it also filters nutrients and that's what makes it "good for you" but it isn't good for me :laugh:

If I think about it too much, eating dead animals is a rather horrible thought anyway, whichever bits of them. All bits of them have had all manner of things going through their cells. But I do love the taste of liver and other offal. I was a vegetarian for years and could easily return to it. I only eat meat very occasionally now. Last meat I ate was ten days ago (chicken).

To get back on topic I've been taking a cocktail of vitamins for the last few months and I do feel better for it. It could be a placebo effect of course.

Since January, DH & I have been taking what's called a Zpak:
Zinc 25 - 50 mg daily, Vitamin C 500mg - 1000 mg daily, Vitamin D3 1000 - 3000 IU daily, Quercetin 250 mg/day (Do not take if taking Hydroxycholoquine), Melatonin 6 mg before bedtime

If I think about it too much, eating dead animals is a rather horrible thought anyway, whichever bits of them.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking last night when I was eating that pork prime rib roast with mushroom gravy, and I will be thinking the same thing tonight when I am eating the beef prime rib in soy-garlic marinade! I love animals. They taste really good.

And yes, if I don't take my vitamins, I feel it. I especially know to eat more B-complex because alcohol depletes it, and I drink at least 3x a week (more than my doctor says I should be). Ah well.

If I think about it too much, eating dead animals is a rather horrible thought anyway, whichever bits of them. All bits of them have had all manner of things going through their cells. But I do love the taste of liver and other offal. I was a vegetarian for years and could easily return to it. I only eat meat very occasionally now. Last meat I ate was ten days ago (chicken).

To get back on topic I've been taking a cocktail of vitamins for the last few months and I do feel better for it. It could be a placebo effect of course.
Yeah, but plants have cow poo etc and other dead creatures decaying carcasses running through their veins too. Hehehe, you guys lol. The liver does filter out toxins, "out" being the operative word with the liver full of nutrients because the liver delivers these nutrients to our cells and B12 for example there's over 700% worth in a small amount along with many other vitamins and minerals. I think we should try and be as close to an ancestral diet as possible.

The thing that grosses people out the most about liver is that it should be cooked med rare for best taste and texture, yeah people that have never been exposed to animal offal, yeah, that makes them cringe....lol.

Last edited:
I think we should try and be as close to an ancestral diet as possible.

Now that is a contentious statement if ever there was! :laugh: Maybe it should be a new thread...

The thing that grosses people out the most about liver is that it should be cooked med rare for best taste and texture,

Of course! I wouldn't eat it any other way.

My mother, bless her heart was a terrible cook and the liver we ate as kids resembled the leather soles found on shoes. Thank our lucky stars there was gravy.
Is there seriously a common thread here in that many of our parents couldn't cook, or didn't cook in a way that suited our individual tastes?

Back
Top Bottom