Is Anyone Here on a Vitamin Regimen?

My body had virtually no b12. I had 3 injections of it.
I'm now back to abnormal!

Russ

Its ironic you were low in B12 since you love Vegemite which has lots of B12. Maybe not enough though as obviously one only eats Vegemite in fairly small amounts. I sometimes make a drink from Marmite (UK equivalent of Vegemite).

Its ironic you were low in B12 since you love Vegemite which has lots of B12. Maybe not enough though as obviously one only eats Vegemite in fairly small amounts. I sometimes make a drink from Marmite (UK equivalent of Vegemite).
Vegemite has no B12 naturally and is added to a low salt version.

Last edited:
Some people might be eating enough of it in their diet but have a hard time absorbing it. My husband's grandma (now deceased) had that issue and one of his cousins does, too. They both had/have to get injections every so often. Sometimes people are fine when they are younger and then have issues with absorption as they get older, and no matter how much they get in their diets or from supplements it just doesn't get into the bloodstream, hence the shots.

I also make gravy with heaped teaspoon of vegemite as well. Plus in stews etc. My body needed it asap, they gave me a shot at docs then 2 more over 2 weeks.
Everybody's different??

Russ

I was taking a daily multi-vitamin in a gummi form. I ran out. I need to buy some more. Just the basics.

CD

Here´s all the vitamins in my marmite:

Yep. But tonight I'm going for the real deal: liver! :hungry: I love it.
Yeah, I love liver too. As we get older and tend to eat less it's important to maintain a decent protein intake for the amino acids and their individual benefits along with natural occurring vitamins and minerals. It's basically the building blocks of life. Cheers.

Not in any big way. When I run out, I do notice something seems to be missing, in a subtle way.

CD
Yup, that's with most people. We don't notice the benefits of taking them until we don't take them and don't feel quite as good.

Mixed into other foods, like cajun boudin, I like liver. By itself, I'll take a pass.

CD
I could never wrap my head around the fact that people eat something that filters toxins out of the blood. Seems pretty gross (not to mention the appearance of it raw and the way it smells and tastes when cooked). Yeah, and I know that it also filters nutrients and that's what makes it "good for you" but it isn't good for me :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom