Is there a cookie out there that uses only egg yolks and no other liquids or fats?

madebyyouandi

Local time
11:21 AM
Website
www.youtube.com
A long, long time ago I spent a winter in the north of Italy and the grandmother of the house I was staying in made these amazing biscotti using only egg yolks, no butter or any other liquids. I remember even then being impressed as the very dry ingredients eventually came together into a 'wet' ball.

I was thinking about that this evening and put in a food processor 1/2 cup of brown sugar, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup of milk powder with two egg yolks. When it came together I added a cup of flour and after a few minutes in the FP, it formed a perfect dough I then kneaded chocolate chips and walnuts into.

The dough was delicious and the baked cookies were fantastic, so I wanted to know if this was species, genre, type of cooking and if so what they are called. I want to try more recipes.

Thank you,

A long, long time ago I spent a winter in the north of Italy and the grandmother of the house I was staying in made these amazing biscotti using only egg yolks, no butter or any other liquids. I remember even then being impressed as the very dry ingredients eventually came together into a 'wet' ball.

I was thinking about that this evening and put in a food processor 1/2 cup of brown sugar, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup of milk powder with two egg yolks. When it came together I added a cup of flour and after a few minutes in the FP, it formed a perfect dough I then kneaded chocolate chips and walnuts into.

The dough was delicious and the baked cookies were fantastic, so I wanted to know if this was species, genre, type of cooking and if so what they are called. I want to try more recipes.

Thank you,

I would like to know more please?

Russ

Mandel bread and tozzetti are similar to biscotti. If you had to pick a name for that group of foods, it's "twice-baked", but I don't see any forums where this sort of thing is being discussed...until now! :)

You know, I remember these as a kid. They were dry and I hated them, but as an adult I think they're pretty great. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom