Is There a Good Internet Site For Vegan Recipes?

Kate

Veteran
Local time
12:42 PM
I'm not vegan, but I have a friend who'd like to explore it... so I would love to find a place that has good (meaning flavorful) recipes. The reason I added the parenthetical thought is that I recently bought (quite expensive) homemade vegan muffins at a market.

I bought three different flavors to experiment thinking that if they were good, I'd surprise my friend by baking some muffins. But... well they were rather terrible. I'm quite sure that vegan doesn't have to mean either tasteless or terrible taste, so I'm on a search for some decent recipes.

If you are following a vegan lifestyle, what are some good "beginner" things to try... both baked goods and main dishes?

I work around some of the 'issues' with standard vegetarian options by using dairy free margerine such as Pure or Stork (Stork is a brand) vegetable lard which is vegan) and simply omit the eggs. A lot of WWII recipes from my grandmother feature no eggs in them and all I need do is substitute the butter or lard for something vegan and you have excellent alternatives. I'm about to go on holiday for a week and won't be home until a week Monday, but I can post up some recipes then. In the meantime, there is a recipe for black bean brownies on here somewhere that is vegan... (very yummy)....

Edit: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/vegan-black-bean-brownies.27/

Last edited:
Oh, those Black Bean Brownies look wonderful! Any time I can add more nutrition to something that's not generally very nutritious is a hit for me... and adding the protein of beans to one of my favorite desserts is absolutely perfect. I may end up making these with my friend in mind, but I'll bet I'll be keeping half of them! :woot:
Thank you so much for that link.

Back
Top Bottom