Is your diet aging you?

Local time
9:09 AM
What you put on your plate might affect what you see in the mirror. There is no question that foods with a lot of trans fat are no good for you. What's more it is said these trans fats cause inflammation and aging is said to be a chronic inflammatory state.

It is recommended that we limit such things as doughnuts, sugary pastries, potato chips, fries and all the deep frying foods we injest. Fatty meats are also discouraged. Keep it lean and the body stays clean.

Foods to favor include tomatoes, romaine lettuce and salmon to mention a few. Salmon is high in omego -3 fats which apparently fights inflammation. Tuna also comes highly recommended.

I fully understand why I might be looking too old.:( I need to eat better.

I regularly eat sardines for omega-3 and I love tomatoes. I never eat chips, fries, deep fried food, fatty meats or donuts.

I'm not saying my diet is entirely free from transfats but I'm not someone who eats a lot of those things, which could be why I always seem to be in good health.

Well I do agree that what we eat play a great part in how quickly we age. It has often been said that we are what we eat.

I tend to like tomatoes and I eat them as often as I can. I also like tuna and salmon, but the price of salmon makes me reluctant to buy it at times. I was never really fond of lettuce and so I seldom eat this. For me to eat lettuce, I would have to cut it up in very small pieces and put in into a salad along with tomatoes and cucumbers.

I do not usually eat doughnuts or sugary pastries. These are things that I would treat myself to when I go to a bazaar or a fair where they are selling, but they are not something that I indulge in otherwise. I would buy potato chips with fried chicken occasionally when I want to get a break away from the kitchen.

When cooking meats, if there is any fat that I can remove before cooking it, I would do so. Sometimes before I cook or bake my chicken, I would first remove the skin from off the chicken, but I do not do this every time. I tend to eat fish and chicken more than any other meat.

This is kind of sad because I eat a lot of junk food. :( I try to curb the "temptation", but it is really difficult. :(

I think a balance is a better idea as sometimes it can be hard to avoid certain ingredients if you are eating out.

As long as they are occasional I don't see the harm as the body will expel them, but a build up isn't so good. I do like sugar, but am aware of how I eat, but I don't have any added salt, only what is on the food because salt I find can lead to bloating for me which can make you look older. That's not why I don't add it, I don't like the taste, but adding too much salt leads to puffy skin.

That is so true. I try to stay away from bad oils and just use real butter and coconut oil. I eat nuts and chia seeds to make sure I get enough omega 3. Avoiding processed foods is the hardest because they can be so convenient and often if there is free food offered somewhere, it is all processed, so I really shouldn't eat it, but having so little money right now makes it very challenging to say no.

That is so true. I try to stay away from bad oils and just use real butter and coconut oil. I eat nuts and chia seeds to make sure I get enough omega 3. Avoiding processed foods is the hardest because they can be so convenient and often if there is free food offered somewhere, it is all processed, so I really shouldn't eat it, but having so little money right now makes it very challenging to say no.

Sometimes I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. I need to try harder and be more consistent. I wrote somewhere about food planning and it makes so much sense. Because I did not plan ahead today, I ended up eating some crap from the mall and have no idea how it was prepared. I get mad at myself when I make bad decisions about my health. I just have to work harder. They say the hardest is to know.

What you put on your plate might affect what you see in the mirror. There is no question that foods with a lot of trans fat are no good for you. What's more it is said these trans fats cause inflammation and aging is said to be a chronic inflammatory state.

It is recommended that we limit such things as doughnuts, sugary pastries, potato chips, fries and all the deep frying foods we injest. Fatty meats are also discouraged. Keep it lean and the body stays clean.

Foods to favor include tomatoes, romaine lettuce and salmon to mention a few. Salmon is high in omego -3 fats which apparently fights inflammation. Tuna also comes highly recommended.

I fully understand why I might be looking too old.:( I need to eat better.
I personally get my omega-3 from flaxseed. I don't trust anything that comes out of these waters. I have found the fountain of youth, PLANT BASE FOODS. I went vegan three years ago and I feel great!! I recently seen some old friends of mine and they said "you never age, you look the same." I'm competing with guys 20 years younger and doing well!

Back
Top Bottom