Is your kitchen large enough?

We have recently re-fitted our kitchen to suit our needs, we blocked off the serving hatch which has given more wall to play with, it is a good size kitchen and it now suits us perfectly.

My kitchen is too small. I suppose it's normal in shape, but I have a small apartment so the kitchen isn't too large. Easy to clean up, but I'd like a lot more space. We were suppose to move into an apartment that had a beautiful and large kitchen, but in the end we ended up getting me a car. Which worked out nicely.

My kitchen is of average size, but the set up is terrible. I could make it work with this kitchen if it wasn't for the lack of counter space, but for some reason the size of the kitchen is ok but space is an issue. If I owned my apartment I would definitely renovate the kitchen, but since I do not I invested in a small island and use that for prep.

Oh gosh. My kitchen is about the size of a postage stamp and is a constant thorn in my side. I need about three times the counter space and at least 5 more cabinets. I just thank God that our apartment came with a pantry closet or else we would be royally screwed. I manage to make do and still cook great meals but man, I can't wait to have our own house.

My top requirement is that our house have a nice size kitchen. I try not to remind my husband of this fact...too much. :)

mine is bigger than I used to ave so I'm really happy))) but in general it's not big at all

Definitely not. It's pretty tiny and it's practically in my living room! I live in a small, one bedroom town house. I have a full size oven and stove but hardly any counter space or storage.

My kitchen used to be of great size but since my family has grown with two additional kids since buying this house, my kitchen needs to be super sized! I have no cupboard space to store much nor do I have the counter space. I love how the shape of my kitchen is octagonal instead of the regular box shape.

Not. Even. Close.

My kitchen is so tiny, especially when I compare it to the kitchen in my old apartment. That one was spacious, though everything in it was old as dirt. I miss having adequate counter space.

I definitely do not have a big enough kitchen. I have a lot of dishes and not enough space to store all of them. When my husband and I are in the kitchen together, it feels a little crowded.

In theory, my kitchen is large enough. It is significantly larger than those of others I know. However, I like to spread myself out a bit when I am cooking. I do not have a separate utility room, so my kitchen is kind of multi-purpose. I went camping recently and had to manage to cook meals for six with just a small table as a workspace and a double gas burner, so really I should be able to manage in the kitchen I have.

Mine is large enough to eat in.

Got quite a few major appliances, a large table and an old fashion stove.
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG

I live in a small apartment and my kitchen is well enough designed, but could use about twice the counter space. Having a limited number of outlets also hinders my efficiency in the kitchen. The plus is that even if my kitchen is a mess, cleanup is a snap because it isn't all that big of an area to clean.

I need one more set of cupboards - top and bottom, two more outlets - on separate circuits, and a good six feet more of counter top. How does your kitchen hold up to your needs?
I can finally say my kitchen is big enough!!! It has been many years in a small kitchen, so when we were looking for a home that was one of my main concerns. The kitchen is really where everyone hangs out so I wanted it big enough. We have a family of 6 so with that and having people over on occasion, we need it to fit everyone. :) I even have a double oven!! This has come in such handy when the holidays roll around.
I do cook much more now that we have a kitchen that is more suitable. :)
Danyel :)

No, my kitchen is not large enough for me to cook in. If I am doing a big project, like baking at Christmas time, I have to use my dining room table, which is in my dining room not my kitchen. I have been thinking about adding an island in my kitchen for more functionality. I do not seem to be able to find one that seems like a good size for my kitchen.

Unfortunately, no. Our house is very small, so we really can't have a big kitchen. When we have our house renovated, the kitchen will be one of my priorities. :D

That's great. Our kitchen's all right for the most part. It's got enough space for cooking, moving about and placing all the necessary cooking utensils although it could benefit a lot from innovative ideas and more cupboards for large and space-consuming posts and pans. I think I also need more canisters for the spices.

Back
Top Bottom