ISO Advice - Mini cheesecake cracked

msmofet

🐰 🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Local time
11:26 AM
(Not sure where to post this thread. Move if necessary)

DD wants to gift mini cheesecakes for Christmas. We did a test run and they came out cracked. When I use my full-size springform pan for cheesecake I place it in a water bath to bake. The cake doesn't crack.
The problem is that the mini pan has removable bottoms and I'm afraid the water will get in the pan if I place it in a water bath.
I baked them at 350 °F for 20 minutes. Then turned off the oven and left the pan in the oven without opening the door for another 20 minutes.
Any advice would be appreciated.

mini_cheesecake_pan_120222-jpg.jpg

mini_cheesecakes_120222_1_img_0360-jpg.jpg

I usually just put a loaf pan full of water in the oven when baking cheesecake. That keeps the environment moist without the water seepage issue. You can also set the cheesecake pan on a sheet pan and that will diffuse the heat some.

Cheesecakes can also Crack because of overmixing and overbaking so make sure you aren't doing either. 40 minutes seems like a long time for something that size (cupcake size from the looks of it?).

I usually just put a loaf pan full of water in the oven when baking cheesecake. That keeps the environment moist without the water seepage issue. You can also set the cheesecake pan on a sheet pan and that will diffuse the heat some.

Cheesecakes can also Crack because of overmixing and overbaking so make sure you aren't doing either. 40 minutes seems like a long time for something that size (cupcake size from the looks of it?).
How long and what temp oven would you suggest.

Probably same temp or maybe drop it a little like SS suggested on the other forum. I'd check them 10 minutes after you turn the oven off. I know you are supposed to leave it closed, but....

Also, did you happen to run a knife around the edge when they came out?

Should have asked before, but did they Crack in the oven or after you took them out? If after, try the knife trick.

It can also crack if it cools too fast. Same with pumpkin pie. Was it cracked at the end of cooking, or did it crack while cooling?

CD

Came out of oven cracked.

Oh ok. Another test run in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom