Israel/Gaza war

PabloLerntKochen

Über Member
Local time
5:17 PM
What's going on in Israel?
Now Hamas and all their families are gonna get killed?
It's weird how Israeli officers are talking about Palestinians as nazi Germany talked about the jews, nothing changed in the last decades

What's going on in Israel?
Now Hamas and all their families are gonna get killed?
It's weird how Israeli officers are talking about Palestinians as nazi Germany talked about the jews, nothing changed in the last decades

Hamas is a governing body/terrorist group. Israeli is a governing body. The people who will get slaughtered are innocent civilianson both sides, but especially Palestinians in Gaza.

The problem is that neither Hamas nor Israel wants peace. They both want to win.

There has been war between Israel and somebody since biblical times. It will probably never stop. Well, Israel has nukes. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

CD

I'm glad to hear israel is going to sort it for once . I'm picking Hamas are backpedaling at 100 mph. And there Hezbollah sitting in the background.
So many innocent people will die.

Russ

Wow what a b*tchfight, Israel refused to let an UN official inside after Guterres said “Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping of civilians – or the launching of rockets against civilian targets. All hostages must be treated humanely and released immediately and without conditions.” They even considered a new UN headchef... so that's what they learned from Hitler

Wow what a b*tchfight, Israel refused to let an UN official inside after Guterres said “Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping of civilians – or the launching of rockets against civilian targets. All hostages must be treated humanely and released immediately and without conditions.” They even considered a new UN headchef... so that's what they learned from Hitler

It is so sad. Hamas clearly started this latest "war" with Israel, but the Israeli government does not care how many Palestinians die in the process of crushing Hamas. Like rascal said, a lot if innocent civilians are going to die.

The biggest problem is that neither Hamas nor Israel want's peace. They both want to WIN!

CD

Last election 2007 where Hamas got control, since then people standing against Hamas are thrown from 7 story roofs. Hamas taking a lead out of Putin's book.
Something I dont understand is the murican students supporting Palestine. Only the younger people that dont understand what genocide is??.?
Older people do.

Russ

Something I dont understand is the murican students supporting Palestine. Only the younger people that dont understand what genocide is??.?
Older people do.

Russ

I haven't been following that story closely. I personally support the Palestinian people, and want them to have their own nation state, but there are many in the US who would call me "antisemitic" for having that opinion. It is a loaded subject. For these Americans, you are either 100-percent for Israel, or you hate Jews. :facepalm:

I have always supported a two state solution, where Israelis and Palestinians each have their own nations, side by side, and at least tolerating each other. But, we'll never get to that as long as Hamas is running Palestine, and people like Netanyahu are running Israel, IMO.

CD

I'm pro palestine too, but against any violence. After helping out the refugees from Syria and Ukraine I just hope the military won't go for another flattened country, even if it's small.
It's just bad to help people with the minimum you can share, while knowing they'd a normal life just like you.
EDIT: Have some Jewish friends and they can't believe what's happening

I haven't been following that story closely. I personally support the Palestinian people, and want them to have their own nation state, but there are many in the US who would call me "antisemitic" for having that opinion. It is a loaded subject. For these Americans, you are either 100-percent for Israel, or you hate Jews. :facepalm:

I have always supported a two state solution, where Israelis and Palestinians each have their own nations, side by side, and at least tolerating each other. But, we'll never get to that as long as Hamas is running Palestine, and people like Netanyahu are running Israel, IMO.

CD

I can't see Palestine running by itself. It would be ideal but while terror cells exist In the middle east it wont happen. Iran and Lebanon dont help the situation either.
Its times like this I'm glad u live in new Zealand.

Russ

It's all so tragic. Why do certain groups believe they have to dominate others, I will never understand. I can see why the Israelis are p***ed, and I think any country would be, having innocent civilians slaughtered in cold blood. BUT - everyone has a right to a homeland, don't they?
No-one has the right to slaughter others just because they're a different religion, right? Or a different colour? Or a different race?
Russ - the pro Palestine protests are also in the UK and in Europe. Mostly radical students. It's always been the same. Back in the 70s, the National Student Union supported the IRA, who cold-bloodedly murdered or bombed innocent people to make their "point". Hamas are terrorists, no doubt in my mind.
I've got a very, very close friend who is Palestinian. His grandfather was the Sheik of Gaza. I don't dare call him, because I wouldn't know what to say.

It's all so tragic. Why do certain groups believe they have to dominate others, I will never understand. I can see why the Israelis are p***ed, and I think any country would be, having innocent civilians slaughtered in cold blood. BUT - everyone has a right to a homeland, don't they?
No-one has the right to slaughter others just because they're a different religion, right? Or a different colour? Or a different race?
Russ - the pro Palestine protests are also in the UK and in Europe. Mostly radical students. It's always been the same. Back in the 70s, the National Student Union supported the IRA, who cold-bloodedly murdered or bombed innocent people to make their "point". Hamas are terrorists, no doubt in my mind.
I've got a very, very close friend who is Palestinian. His grandfather was the Sheik of Gaza. I don't dare call him, because I wouldn't know what to say.

The tunnels built are amazing places to hide. Miles and miles of tunnels. Unfortunately I dont see an end that will satisfy all parties. So much hate!!

Russ

I never understood the jew stuff growing up but I do remember my neighbours so getting married. About mid 70s? My neighbour refused to go to his sons wedding because she was a jew? Wtf?
The son was wiped from the family. The
Son is still with his wife to this day.

Russ

I never understood the jew stuff growing up but I do remember my neighbours so getting married. About mid 70s? My neighbour refused to go to his sons wedding because she was a jew? Wtf?
Yeah. Me neither. I played a lot of cricket when I was younger, with West Indians, Indians,Pakistanis, Ozzies, Kiwis, South Africans. To me, they were all people. Why people have to discriminate, I don't know.
I also had to tell off my mum last year (she was 94!) because she was in Hospital and was attended by a Nigerian doctor. You can imagine what she was saying, but I said to her:
"Ok - so the snobby white British consultant surgeon who screwed up your hysterectomy was fine, right? And the Indian doctor who fixed it wasn't?"
Silence!

I have a handful of friends who are Jews. Most of them are not practicing Jews, just as many Christians rarely show up in a church. They pretty much think like me. None of them are from Israel, so that may matter???

I just worry, and pretty much expect, that the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater" in the Israeli pummeling of Gaza. They may take out Hamas, but how many innocent Palestinian men, women and children will die in the process?

CD

I just worry, and pretty much expect, that the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater" in the Israeli pummeling of Gaza. They may take out Hamas, but how many innocent Palestinian men, women and children will die in the process?
What is it those cynical, grim-faced military men love to say?
"Collateral damage" :hyper: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom