Israel/Gaza war

I'm just so saddened by all of this senseless violence, makes me feel as upset as the start of the Ukraine war. I avoid most news about it. Not out of ignorance but I am too involved in it easily. I hope it stops soon.

Our new Speaker of the House (of Representatives) is planning to send lots of money to Israel, but also wants to stop all money going to Ukraine. He is Trump's hand-picked guy, so Republicans naturally chose him out of fear of Trump.

If Trump becomes President in 2024, and Mike Johnson remains Speaker, we won't have to worry about Ukraine anymore, as it won't exist. It will be part of Russia. Then Putin will chose the next country he wants, and Trump will give that one to him.

The Israeli conflict will be complicated, as Trump hates Iran, an enemy of Israel, but Iran is also a Russian ally.

CD

I'm glad to see so many pro palestine protests around the world. Yesterday 100,000 were marching through London only.
But I don't believe any government will step in, it's Israel after all

Isn't it kinda weird that MANY citizens on both sides don't want this war? It's the same with the Ukraine war and yet it's still happening.

Can somebody, who understands the purpose of a war, nobody wants please explain? Is it just for testing new weapons and strategies, or how our soldiers are following orders from above?

Isn't it kinda weird that MANY citizens on both sides don't want this war? It's the same with the Ukraine war and yet it's still happening.

Can somebody, who understands the purpose of a war, nobody wants please explain? Is it just for testing new weapons and strategies, or how our soldiers are following orders from above?

Well, my view... The two wars are not the same.

Russia invaded Ukraine. Imagine if France invaded Germany. What would you do? Ukraine is simply defending itself from being taken over by another country. In this case, there really is a good guy and a bad guy.

Israel and Palestine hate each other. Ad religion to the ingredients, and you have a recipe for war (pardon the food pun). Muslims vs Jews. They both believe that their "Gods" gave them the same land. Those in power on both sides have no interest in peace, they both want to WIN! The both want to drive each other out of "their" land. The ordinary people on both sides don't have the power.

CD

The death toll in Gaza is now at 15,800 -- mostly civilians, and about 40-percent are children. :(

100 trucks with humanitarian aid were allowed into Gaza -- one was filled with body bags.

The US is openly supporting Israel in this "war," although we are politely requesting that Israel try not to kill quite so many civilians. In response, Netanyahu is giving us the middle finger -- as he demands more money and weapons from us.

We are going to pay for this eventually, with another big terrorist attack.

CD

USA is indeed in trouble with the amount of foreigners coming across the borders. I saw the list last week of the Syrians and Chinese. It was huge.

Russ

USA is indeed in trouble with the amount of foreigners coming across the borders. I saw the list last week of the Syrians and Chinese. It was huge.

Russ

You've been watching too much FOXnews, again. Border crossings are actually lower, and captures of dangerous criminals crossing the border are up. FOX, as the official marketing arm of the Trump campaign, are doing their best to stir up fear among Americans, particularly white Americans.

As for terrorists, they don't need to cross the border on foot at night. They can fly into any country in a First Class seat. They have big money behind them, so they can purchase new identities, dress like millionaires, and travel first class. Meanwhile, the fear mongers have Americans focused on Mexicans crossing the border to work in farm fields, meat-packing plants and restaurant kitchens.

CD

You've been watching too much FOXnews, again. Border crossings are actually lower, and captures of dangerous criminals crossing the border are up. FOX, as the official marketing arm of the Trump campaign, are doing their best to stir up fear among Americans, particularly white Americans.

As for terrorists, they don't need to cross the border on foot at night. They can fly into any country in a First Class seat. They have big money behind them, so they can purchase new identities, dress like millionaires, and travel first class. Meanwhile, the fear mongers have Americans focused on Mexicans crossing the border to work in farm fields, meat-packing plants and restaurant kitchens.

CD
I watch fox and cnn equally but I'm really enjoying abc news with David muir. A nice clean and clear presenter.
My wife even commented on him

Russ

The Jews have been unjustly persecuted since at least 600BC, in their (current) homeland, during the Roman Empire, during the Crusades, during the Black Death in Europe (for which they were blamed), during the Ottoman Empire and during Hitler's despicable time in Germany.
I imagine Netanyahu is pretty clear on what he has to do against terrorists whose objective is to eliminate the Jewish state. that does NOT involve negotiating.

The Jews have been unjustly persecuted since at least 600BC, in their (current) homeland, during the Roman Empire, during the Crusades, during the Black Death in Europe (for which they were blamed), during the Ottoman Empire and during Hitler's despicable time in Germany.
I imagine Netanyahu is pretty clear on what he has to do against terrorists whose objective is to eliminate the Jewish state. that does NOT involve negotiating.

Netanyahu is not popular in Israel. He is in power because of a coalition of unpopular parties coming together to form a government. He's stayed in power through tyranny -- he's a lot like Maduro in his methods of concentrating power around himself.

Palestinians had their land taken from them. They are still being forced to give their land to Israelis building "settlements" on stolen Palestinian land. So, this is not a one-sided issue. Palestinians have been suffering, too. The Holocaust was a terrible thing, but I don't think it justifies killing thousands of innocent civilians, almost half of them children.

BTW, I know that you can't negotiate peace with terrorists, but is the only solution the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza? Are Palestinians the new Amalek?

CD

So, this is not a one-sided issue. Palestinians have been suffering, too.
Oh I absolutely agree. I wasn't trying to take sides; simply trying to imagine what Netanyahu's mindset might be right now.
I've got a very close friend who is Palestinian.I've known him since the 1970s. His sister is still in Gaza. I have no idea of the pain he's going through right now.

Back
Top Bottom