It's 3am...you've just finished binge watching a show on Netflix and are starving...

queenbellevue

Veteran
Local time
1:43 AM
What do you make??

For me, something I'd LOVE is breakfast. Eggs, bacon, pancakes or french toast.

First thing I do is "make a sad face" to self telling self I really should not have fallen for the Netflix trap. Really I do. Then I make my way to the cupboard and get out some nuts or some other healthy or close to healthy snack. It's really not a regular thing as I would have usually snacked on something during the binge watching or before the binge watching. Whatever happens I'll never prepare anything close to a meal.

I'd probably first tell myself that I shouldn't eat this late...but then proceed to go to the kitchen anyway :P For me though, my food of choice would probably be something sweet like ice cream or something. But if I'm craving something savory, I'd probably do toast with butter. Or I would make popcorn, which gives me more of an excuse to go back and watch Netflix :P

Popcorn. We have some really low calorie stuff in the UK which is excellent and whilst it is 3 servings in single bag, each serving is only 80 calories and it takes 3 minutes in the microwave. Best of all it counts as 1 of your 5 a day because it is a vegetable! really it does, check it out!

Popcorn. We have some really low calorie stuff in the UK which is excellent and whilst it is 3 servings in single bag, each serving is only 80 calories and it takes 3 minutes in the microwave. Best of all it counts as 1 of your 5 a day because it is a vegetable! really it does, check it out!

I never thought of popcorn counting as a serving of vegetables per day, because to me it has always been a junk food. We buy the kind that is not loaded down in butter and salt and spice it up ourselves. I will not feel so guilty the next bowl that I have now!

As for my binge movie watching, I have been there and done that before, and my go to snack would probably be a couple of cookies. They are quick and easy, but not healthy in the least.

I never thought of popcorn counting as a serving of vegetables per day, because to me it has always been a junk food. We buy the kind that is not loaded down in butter and salt and spice it up ourselves. I will not feel so guilty the next bowl that I have now!
you just need to ensure you have a minimum of 80g of popcorn. I don't find that very hard. We too have the stuff that is not laden down, but has a little flavouring. I think we have it easier here in the UK in that respect, but I have only found the one brand that meets my requirements of very little salt and sugar and no dairy whatsoever!

As for my binge movie watching, I have been there and done that before, and my go to snack would probably be a couple of cookies. They are quick and easy, but not healthy in the least.

I feel like when I do a binge watch session, calories just NO LONGER MATTER. Hell, I've eaten whole pizzas by myself while watching movies at home. No regrets.

Popcorn is getting very popular in the uk now there are retro sweet flavours such as strawberries and cream and savoury flavours chilli or cheese ,more of a healthy choice rather than crisps

you just need to ensure you have a minimum of 80g of popcorn. I don't find that very hard. We too have the stuff that is not laden down, but has a little flavouring. I think we have it easier here in the UK in that respect, but I have only found the one brand that meets my requirements of very little salt and sugar and no dairy whatsoever!

SatNav, I feel so bad for you in that you have to follow such a strict diet. It would be rough to eat if you had to read the ingriedients on everything you eat. I have been lucky so far in like in that I have never had a food allergy. I am starting to think that my fiance is lactose intolerant though, I have been trying to get him to go get checked out by the doctor.

Popcorn is getting very popular in the uk now there are retro sweet flavours such as strawberries and cream and savoury flavours chilli or cheese ,more of a healthy choice rather than crisps

Wait...you're telling me there's strawberry flavored popcorn in the UK...?

I would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Reveling in the popcorn discussion but jumping back on topic: I like a nice soup late at night. Just broth & veggies. Nothing special. Tons of hot sauce. Maybe that's special? :pepper:

Back
Top Bottom