Juicing Fresh Fruit

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
11:01 PM
One thing I love to do in the morning is to juice with fresh fruit. It gets really expensive, so I cannot afford to do it every morning but I think it is a great way to get the vitamins you need right away in the morning. It is so filling that I am able to only drink that for breakfast and I will be satisfied until lunch without eating anything else. Does anyone else juice? I have tried my Jack Lelanne and a Breville and love them both! I would suggest getting the stainless steel Jack Lelanne over the plastic one though.

It is better to make a smoothie than it is to juice.

There are plenty of threads on here explaining why, so I won't bother going into it in detail, but juicing leaves you with the sugar and some of the vitamins, so you get the sugar rush, but non of the good things about the fruit, like the fibre which controls the release of the sugar/absorption into the gut so you don't get the sugar hit as quickly, not to mention the fact you get the fibre... or just eat the fruit full stop. even that is actually better for you than juicing fruit.

The added fibre from juicing will also lower your appetite by giving you a better feeling of being 'full'

The added fibre from juicing will also lower your appetite by giving you a better feeling of being 'full'
Juicing removes the fibre - that is the whole problem and point - you are left with the juice and sugar of the fruit, leaving the fibre behind!
Smoothies keep the fibre by using the entire fruit.

If you don't mind my asking... Why not just eat the fruit rather than juice it?

Smoothie , best of all worlds , smothish texture, fibre and taste , strawberries , bans, apple and fresh orange juice,what can be better:thumbsup:

I like smoothies to help me increase my liquid intake for the day. I do eat my fruit more than I make smoothies out of it. A smoothie allows to you to get more fruit or vegetables at one time more than you can eat at one time.

I actually prefer the pulp when blending fruits & veggies together over the juicing method. My family? Not so much. I think it's the texture that they can't get over so there are times when I use a cheese cloth & end up 'extra' pulping my servings in comparison to theirs. It's not a loss to me either way. I'm a fan & I always try to keep a certain amount of pulp in their servings.

Back
Top Bottom