Juicing

smlewis00

Veteran
Local time
1:50 PM
Do you juice? I have not always been a juicer, but more recently I have found myself juicing for the added vitamins and nutrients.
I found a great guide for raw ingredients for juicing. (see attached)
There are many great options!
Apples, apricots, berries, cabbage, carrots, celery, dill, ginger, grapefruit, kale, lemons, limes, oranges, nuts, honesy, peach, pumpkin, pear, pineapple, tomatos...the list goes on and on! Check it out!
What are some of your juicing recipes? Why do you juice?
I do it for the added nutrients and vitamins to my diet.
Happy juicing!

Attachments

• 17b7273addb5311f6cac7764817e119e.jpg
    17b7273addb5311f6cac7764817e119e.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 212
I don't juice because it removes the fibre from what you are eating/drinking and fibre is important in our diets. However I do puree a lot of veg & fruit which leaves the fibre in and use that to make thinker smoothies.

Yes! I just started juicing regularly once January 2014 hit. I committed myself to eating much more healthier as in transitioning to vegan over the next 6 months. Juicing and making smoothies has been my number one daily routine! I drink a glass of juice in the mornings and a smoothie before bed. Love them! My favorite thing to do is play trial and error where I combine the fruits/veggies based on my taste buds. Have some fun with it!

I love juicing. I don't use the actual 'juicer'. I use the blender type. That way I keep all of the fiber. It is something I need to get back into though. I find if I stop for a few days, I end up stopping. I really do feel better when I juice for a few days in a row.

I juice and my juicer removes a lot, but not all of the fiber. I end up with something with the consistency of tomato juice. I tend to stick to vegetables when I juice as I prefer to eat fruit just the way it is. In the morning, I add a little fresh ginger to my mix and it provides a little bit of a bite without having to add sugars or salts.

I love juicing! I only juice so I can get the recommended daily intake of fruits. I do not like having to eat fruit one by one. With juicing, all I need to drink is one or two glasses. What's good about juicing is that it makes me full faster, so I do not crave as much sweets as I used to. I lile mixing apples, pears and carrots together. Really sweet!

Juicing is actually a healthy process, but the problem with it is that it's not complete. Juicing gives some vitamins and some minerals, but what it lacks is protein, which is important in your body. When you are on a juicing diet, you tend to lose weight, right? But that's losing weight an unhealthy way. You're not losing your fat percentage, you're losing your muscle mass.

I'm no saying that juicing is unhealthy altogether, I'm just saying it's not complete.

I just don't get the juicing craze right now. First of all, everyone touting the "health benefits" of juicing are either just wrong, or must be consuming fruits and vegetables for the first time in their lives. There is no way just drinking the juice of a whole fruit is better than eating the entire fruit. I agree with the loss of fiber, the most essential aspect of breaking down the natural fructose in fruit. To just drink the juice is basically to just consume the sugar but provide none of nature's built-in methods for digesting that sugar.

Also, it is expensive and wasteful. I'm sorry, but the number of carrots it takes to make one cup of juice is ridiculous. And I simply cannot justify throwing away all that pulp. I know many claim that juicing has been the best way for them not to throw away produce that might otherwise go bad, but again, a simply change in habits here (buying or eating) could also remedy that problem.

Another reason I don't juice is all the work that goes with it (and again, this goes back to the cost). For the amount of time you have to put in to get a cup of juice, you actually pay less (time and money) to just buy 100% all natural no additives juice at the store.

If you are juicing because you enjoy the process and enjoy the flavor, by all means, continue on and enjoy. But if you want to sit me down and tell me about all the benefits of juicing for my health and lifestyle, save it. I'm not buying into this craze.

I recommend to you to watch this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mS0YA465ts

It's a very powerful documentary about juicing. It is very inviting. After I watched it , I once tried myself juicing and searched further for related articles about it. I learned more. If only juicing were easy, I would probably do it for a couple of months. Sadly it's not. It is tedious!

Juicing is actually a healthy process, but the problem with it is that it's not complete. Juicing gives some vitamins and some minerals, but what it lacks is protein, which is important in your body. When you are on a juicing diet, you tend to lose weight, right? But that's losing weight an unhealthy way. You're not losing your fat percentage, you're losing your muscle mass.

I'm no saying that juicing is unhealthy altogether, I'm just saying it's not complete.

Some whey or protein powder added to the juice should do it, although I can't really vouch for the taste or texture.

Although, when I first looked in on this thread I thought we were talking about juicing fruits and vegetables to drink. As in, with something solid to eat and the juice just washes it down. As a liquid diet replacement for real meals? I wouldn't...

I prefer blending of fruits and vegetables than juicing because the fiber is still in it and at the same time none is wasted.

Back
Top Bottom