Keeping Chocolate Chip Cookies Chewy

Athenagdlyt

Veteran
Local time
10:24 PM
I have yet to make a chocolate chip cookie batch that will remain chewy for days in the cookie jar. Can you share some tips on how to make the chewy chocolate chip cookies? I'm particularly interested in the ones that look crunchy outside but remain chewy inside. Thanks in advance.

The only tip I can think of is to perhaps keep them in a rubber-sealed cookie jar rather than a porcelain one where the moisture can leave the cookies and the jar. (And definitely don't keep them for days in a paper bag.)

The recipe that I used to use, at the back of Hershey's chocolate chip bags, would always remain quite chewy. I think that might be the butter content, which would essentially deep-fry it while baking. They wouldn't only be chewy, they would be slightly gummy, and I liked it that way but there's no accounting for taste.

If you want non-grease chewiness, then I might also suggest adapting a brownie recipe and just cooking them like cookies. Brownies tend to remain much softer because it's basically a cake rather than a cookie.

Back
Top Bottom