Kippers

Recently - kipper, home-made rye and for me, tomato ketchup. I have to have it with kippers.

I know but I love it!

I went to breakfast with a co-worker once, at a really good French bakery and cafe. He dumped ketchup on perfect, fluffy, buttery scrambled eggs. I couldn't look at his plate. It made me queazy. He was sitting directly across the table from me. I never ate with him again. :headshake:

CD

I had Arbroath smokies when in Arbroath, mid-90s. Very enjoyable. I was told they were the town's specialty. On my last morning in Scotland, I ordered kippers for breakfast - very filling and good. Helped carry me over airline food, for sure. Wish I could find either in the US.... and not tinned.

I had Arbroath smokies when in Arbroath, mid-90s. Very enjoyable. I was told they were the town's specialty. On my last morning in Scotland, I ordered kippers for breakfast - very filling and good. Helped carry me over airline food, for sure. Wish I could find either in the US.... and not tinned.
Ever thought of smoking your own?

A great idea!

I am planning on getting a smoker this next year, but since I do have a charcoal grill, I could approximate for now.
If it has a lid then could work. Arbroath smokies are hot smoked using hardwood. Worth a try!

Back
Top Bottom