Kitchen Curtains

Local time
2:34 AM
Having just recently discussed the colour of our kitchen walls, it got me to thinking about kitchen curtains. How many of you have kitchen curtains at your kitchen window? I guess the colour of the curtains would have to blend with the colour of the walls. Kitchen curtains can also add some colour to any kitchen. I do not use kitchen curtains, however, but I have seen some homes with these and they give a nice ambience to the kitchen. Since we have shutters in our kitchen, I do not see the need for curtains. Curtains also help to give shade from the sun, so it all depends on where your kitchen is located in relation to the sun's rays.

I believe kitchen curtains would have to be washed regularly though, since bits of food particles can get splashed on them from time to time.

I never had kitchen curtains and I have horrible memories about them from my childhood. Those horrible patterns that were hip back then, with fruits and other food. My parents had onions on them :laugh:

I think they need to be washed regularly and a colour that matches the colour of the walls, or you can have them in a neutral colour in case you repaint the kitchen walls.

What colour did you decide to put on your kitchen walls? We had a flashy, olive green in the kitchen once and I loved it!

I never had kitchen curtains and I have horrible memories about them from my childhood. Those horrible patterns that were hip back then, with fruits and other food. My parents had onions on them :laugh:!

I think they are quite trendy these days! Retro chic kitsch! I love all that stuff but it wouldn't match my current kitchen.
$_35.JPG

I actually don't have kitchen curtains and I don't miss them at all. I do have venetian blinds looking something like this
upload_2016-1-29_9-39-50.jpeg
but I don't know the last day I pulled them down. Oh dear they must be quite dusty. Hopefully they have been cleaned if not by me. I go through phases and I remember when at least a valance was considered but I forgot about that and I am good without any. Besides that I like a bright kitchen so no curtains for me.

I actually don't have kitchen curtains and I don't miss them at all. I do have venetian blinds looking something like this View attachment 2282 but I don't know the last day I pulled them down. Oh dear they must be quite dusty. Hopefully they have been cleaned if not by me. I go through phases and I remember when at least a valance was considered but I forgot about that and I am good without any. Besides that I like a bright kitchen so no curtains for me.
These blinds might be a better idea for a kitchen, although you must remember to clean them every now and then :)

I don't use curtains in my kitchen. I don't think curtains in the kitchen are a good idea. It can actually be dangerous if your cooking stove is near to the windows. It's better to use blinds if you want to.

I think they are quite trendy these days! Retro chic kitsch! I love all that stuff but it wouldn't match my current kitchen.
View attachment 2277

I love the fabric on these...I have some teal appliances (kitchenaid, blender) and I think the curtains would look cute in my kitchen! I just wish they had a white background rather than black!

We do not have anything up at our window, we have discussed blinds because in the summer the sun shines straight in to the kitchen and it can get very hot but I like my windows open plus I haven't seen anything so far that I like.

Back
Top Bottom