Kitchen Safety for Kids

MyDigitalpoint

Veteran
Local time
6:48 AM
Website
epage.pro
Cooking with kids can be enjoyable but also a source of worrisome. This is why this useful ebook can be handy to recall some of the kitchen safety measure for children and young teens:

Kitchen Safety for Young Cooks

Is your family busy with work, school, sports, and/or extra curricular activities while simultaneously juggling family time, homework time, exercise, and proper nutrition? Furthermore, is your child(s) spending more time alone or with other family members after school? Most times after school, children tend to congregate kitchen. Therefore, it is important for parents and their children to review the importance of kitchen safety practices among these “young cooks.”

Cooking with children can provide fun activities and great educational experiences while incorporating an pportunity for family bonding. It is a way to respect their independence while remaining close to answer questions and to monitor their mistakes. With this in mind, what are a few basic kitchen safety practices that should be followed? Below are a few suggestions of kitchen safety practices for young cook:

You can download it from here, http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/new/Newsletters/kitchensafety.pdf

[Editted by Mods to correct hyperlink.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was unable to get to the site. I get a 404 error when I click on the link.

I have to be honest (though I'm not reading through the article). I don't cook much with my kids because it is way too time consuming and the mess is unreasonable. However, when they are of an age that this isn't my biggest issue, it seems to me that safety in the kitchen is probably as much common sense as it is anywhere else.

I don't plan to just allow my kids in the kitchen one day without any direction or supervision. And because I'm their mom, I'm probably a pretty good judge of what they are capable of and when.

So yeah. That's me. There might be some good reminders on there, which is always helpful, but the subject on the whole to me seems to be more of a "be responsible as a parent" kind of approach.

It is fixed. Thank you so much. I do cook with the kids from time to time. I do spend alot of time just letting them "watch" as well. They are fascinated by the kitchen and all that it entails. I do have to be very careful with them because they are very adventurous (especially the 2 year old twins!).

Back
Top Bottom