Last meal

coffeejo

Guru
Local time
11:33 AM
If you could choose, what would it be? As many courses and drinks as you like.

Spaghetti Bolognaise, followed by something chocolate - a nice torte, or choc steamed pudding - rich, but not overdoing it.

And a beer. Or tea.

Dull perhaps, but I love spag bol.

Starter: A really good prawn cocktail. Yes, I know it's 1970's naff, but it's good if done well ( possibly using the Hairy Bikers version that had giant cocktail glasses with lobsters hanging off the sides :cool: )
Light pink fizz

Main: Rolled shoulder of lamb, stuffed with kidneys, spinach and garlic, with corn on the cob and new potatoes. Or roast chicken (but only if it's one of ours :hungry: )
Cabernet sauvignon

Pud': Home made sticky toffee pudding served with cream.
Plum wine

Coffee

Selection of mature cheese with Port

Failing that lot: Lasagne

Couldn't give a menu immediately, it would require hours of thought...possible more. All part of the fun, the anticipation. Will get back to you.
It would however have reasonably simple, healthy ingredients, cooked to perfection without any overt buggered about tartiness à la Ferran, Heston et al.
And the wine would be superb! Again, will get back to you on which ones!

Couldn't give a menu immediately, it would require hours of thought...possible more. All part of the fun, the anticipation. Will get back to you.
It would however have reasonably simple, healthy ingredients, cooked to perfection without any overt buggered about tartiness à la Ferran, Heston et al.
And the wine would be superb! Again, will get back to you on which ones!

Agreed, too much poncing with food ruins it

I think I would go for that meal where you eat one grain of rice at a time, chewed slowly for at least 10 minutes before eating the next grain. Every 4th grain is served with a little smoked salmon, every 8th grain is served with a small cup of tea. There are about 100,000 grains of rice in this meal....:whistling:

Right, I've found a menu that would be most suitable but am not going to type it out in full because it would take too long and fear some might consider it a little pretentious. Briefly, canapés and champagne, five courses each with a different and well-matched wine, followed by coffee and petit fours.
Alternatively, it could be a simple picnic washed down with an excellent growers champagne while sitting on the Montagne de Reims under a warm spring sun..
Because on reflection the most important ingredient would be the assembled company. Presumably I could choose this too?!

Nothing wrong with pretentious, it's your last meal after all. (And just because you've chosen good food, and matching wines doesn't make it pretentious either)

The company question gives me an idea for another thread......

Going to have t think abotu this one, but will rpobably include a slab of meat (free range of course!) the size of a car, great red wine and port and cigars / cheese after!

A nice Spanish meal - bread with tomato paste and ali oli (garlic mayonnaise) followed by a fresh salad, rabbit and chicken paella, then crema catalana - basically creme caramel. To accompany the meal cava with the bread and salad, Torres Esmerelda with the paella, and a vintage Spanish brandy to finish with. Industrial quantities of food and alcohol, as I won't have to worry about indigestion or a hangover. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom