"Latest Profile Posts"

CookieMonster

Local time
10:39 PM
is there a point to this "feature?"
"latest" shown is from June 2020.
other places using same software "latest profile posts" are from three years ago!

I looked for someplace where I could turn it off in my Preferences, not found.

it's irky because when clicking on More the Lastest Profile Posts do disappear, but you're put back at the top of the Recents list and have t scroll down, again....

I think this is an addition due to the upgrade. I agree it superfluous. In fact, I'd not noticed it until you mentioned it because I rarely if ever click on 'What's new?'. It appears at the bottom of the screen if I click on that. Is that where you are seeing it?

The way I navigate the forum is to go straight to 'New Posts' which doesn't include that.

yes, I prefer What's New because New Posts 'hides' topics you've 'read.'
sometimes I don't have time to "contribute" and hence the topic never shows up again in New Posts.

I fail to see how pushing months/years old posts into the user's face is of any value.
what the heck is a 'profile post' anyway?

I fail to see how pushing months/years old posts into the user's face is of any value.
what the heck is a 'profile post' anyway?
The software is showing (as far as I can tell) the most recently updated profile posts. It just so happens that the last time someone updated was in June. I think not many people bother to update their profile post. I know that I don't.

Personally I don't find it useful. Its simply something you can update if you wish to tell other members what you are up to or thinking etc.

I prefer What's New because New Posts 'hides' topics you've 'read.'

I read every post and so its useful to me to use 'new posts'. It will only show threads you have read if someone has added a new post to that thread. If I've already read the thread to date, I don't want to see it again until someone adds to it - so 'new posts' works best for me. The only thing is to remember that 'new posts' shows the most recent new post added to any thread and there could be ones added before it. I just scroll back a bit to check.

so, basically it's a super-idiotic uncontrollable "feature" users must live with.
got it.

so, basically it's a super-idiotic uncontrollable "feature" users must live with.
got it.

Well I wouldn't go that far. You can simply ignore it. If the forum was busier and more people used their profile posts it might be interesting for some. Not all aspects of the forum are going to appeal to everyone.

I didn't say it was uncontrollable. I don't have access to the software but I imagine it could be disabled. I know SatNavSaysStraightOn is working her way through the updates and trying to evaluate them.

Perhaps an interesting question is why people don't use the 'update your status' feature. Maybe they don't know its there or maybe they don't see the point - I can't answer that.

Any thoughts anyone?

I've never noticed it before.

As to the status...I can't remember where that shows up when using a laptop/desktop to read the forum - either at the end of a post or up by the user's avatar, but on a phone, it doesn't show readily...I can't even find it if I look for it, and since I'm almost exclusively on a phone...out of sight, out of mind. I probably updated my status when I joined and promptly forgot about it. :)

I've never noticed it before.

As to the status...I can't remember where that shows up when using a laptop/desktop to read the forum - either at the end of a post or up by the user's avatar, but on a phone, it doesn't show readily...I can't even find it if I look for it, and since I'm almost exclusively on a phone...out of sight, out of mind. I probably updated my status when I joined and promptly forgot about it. :)

Looks as if you did it once since then. Seems like you have been here much longer than since July 2019.

Back
Top Bottom