Lemon cake with my mom

isabbbela

Veteran
Local time
2:52 PM
My mom is staying over this week, and she is an ever more avid cook than I am. While I prefer to cook safely, she will cook and bake whatever comes to her mind. Yesterday she wanted to make a lemon cake, so we went on to make one. However, we were out of lemons for the cover, and I had the idea of mixing some condensed milk and a package of powder lemon juice to put over the cake. It turned out really good!

What brand of lemon powder were you using? That sounds like a great way to save a little money, lemons are SO expensive. Did you have lemon in the cake as well, or is it just a lemon icing over a white or yellow cake that makes it a lemon cake?

I like to read of success stories in the kitchen, Sounds like we have two great chefs/bakers on board. I have looked at lemon cake recipes time and time again but never tried any. I actually don't get lemons often. I actually have a lime tree and up until a month ago, the tree was covered with limes. I can't believe how empty it is now and regret not coming up with a way to preserve more limes. What recipe did you use? I stopped and looked up some again and also checked for lime recipes.

Sounds delicious. I like to make the poke cake with lemon jello as a glaze on the cake.

Lemon cake is always a winner! I rarely use real lemons though, they are quite expensive in my country too. I buy the extract and add that to my cake batter instead. It works out a lot cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom