Recipe Lime Sombreros (Sombreros de Lima)

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
4:59 AM
This is an invention of mine, which I thought up after learning that Limes were the next Recipe Challenge ingredient.

LimeSombreros.png

Ingredients:

LS_Ingredients.png

Procedure:

First Create a Guacamole

1) Crush Avocado to a Paste in a bowl.
2) Mix in 2 Tablespoons of Sour Cream.
3) Mix in 1 Tablespoon of Habanero Salsa.
4) Mix in Cilantro Flakes.

Next, build the Sombrero, heat and serve

5) Lay out a Tostada and Cover with Black Beans.
6) Add a layer of Guacamole.
7) Add a layer of shredded Cheese.
8) Microwave for 2 minutes to heat the Beans and melt the Cheese.
9) Cut a Lime off at the stem top and position it open side down in the middle to form the peak of the sombrero.
10) Serve

LimeSombreros.png

:chef:

You eat the Sombreros with knife and fork, but first, you use the fork to impale the Limes from the open end and squeeze out raw Lime Juice on the Tostadas. These Mexican Limes are good sucking Limes too. They aren't so bitter and actually somewhat sweet. After squeezing out some Juice on the Tostadas, you can occasionally, while eating, squeeze and suck out some Lime Juice directly from the Limes. :)

Coriander is known as cilantro stateside. Last year I had a bumper crop so I froze heaps of it. I prefer fresh but it's not always available. I've had bumper crops of basil this year so I'm ok for a while. I'm gunna try this when weather warms up.

Russ

Coriander is known as cilantro stateside. Last year I had a bumper crop so I froze heaps of it. I prefer fresh but it's not always available. I've had bumper crops of basil this year so I'm ok for a while. I'm gunna try this when weather warms up.

Russ

Yeah - I know its cilantro. Maybe @flyinglentris means frozen 'flakes' of cilantro? Frozen works quite well - it just doesn't do so well dried IMHO.

What is that - is it dried coriander (cilantro)? Its not a herb which dries well IMHO. In fact you can't even buy it dried in the UK. But certainly, every supermarket stocks fresh. It is apparently the UK's favourite herb.

I can get it dried.

Back
Top Bottom