Limoncello Mixers

sillylucy

Veteran
Local time
4:34 AM
A friend of mine gave me a bottle of limoncello as a gift and I have yet to open it up. I have had it chilled in shot glasses and thought it was really tasty, but strong. I wanted to mix it with something else instead of drinking it straight because I got a little too tipsy too soon. Any suggestions?

I'd try mixing it with various things that you think would taste good with lemon.

I'd probably try that with vodka and club soda, or vodka and a dash of sprite. In fact, it sounds like it would be good as the final flavor of any number of different martini's (vodka or gin). Maybe the key here is to not make the limoncello the featured liquor, but add it as a flavor.

It sounds yummy, though not like much of a winter drink. A strange gift if it is cold where you are. I'd love to try it on a hot summer evening.

Sparkling water works well with most things, without altering the flavour. I would think it would be a perfect mixer for Limoncello - I love it too! I'd also add a slice of lemon or lime, and squeeze it slightly to bring out a little juice. Cranberry juice might also work, although the colour might be a little strange.

Back
Top Bottom