Recipe linguine di pesce spada.

Saranak

Local time
9:55 AM
Ciao everyone,

As you will be no doubt aware fish and seafood play a big part in the cuisine of Campania. One of my favourite fish is Pesce Spada. This is a fish pasta sauce, I use Pesce Spada however, any meaty fish would work. The trick is not to overpower the fish with too big flavours, let the fish speak, with the shallots and garlic you are after a hint nothing more. I add dried prawn flakes to give a undertone. This is simple and if I do say so myself delicious. My aunt made this during the summer months. Serves 6 - 8.

You will need -
4 Good sized fresh steaks.
11/2 Glasses good white wine.
1 Tablespoon dried prawn flakes.
2 Teaspoons pepper corns.
100 ml Single cream.
2 Small shallots.
1 Clove of Garlic.
olive oil.
2 eggs.
Linguine.
Fresh parsley.

Method -
  1. Chop the shallots and garlic very finely.
  2. Add just enough olive oil to a pan and fry of the onions and garlic until the onions start to dissolve.
  3. Remove from the heat and set aside.
  4. Using a very sharp knife slice the Pesce Spada into strips about 1 cm wide is good.
  5. Put the onions and garlic back on the heat. Add the wine to evaporate.
  6. Drop the Pesce Spada into the pan and heat gently, you are not looking for colour.
  7. Add the pepper corns.
  8. Simmer very gently for around 15 minutes or until the fish becomes firm.
  9. Add the prawn flakes.
  10. A little at a time add the cream and keep everything moving for another five minutes.
  11. Put the eggs in a bowl and beat.
  12. Cook the linguine, drain and add the eggs keep stirring until the Linguine is coated with the cooked eggs.
  13. Add the sauce to the pasta and fold together.
  14. At the last seconds add a little fresh parsley.
My son Antonio makes this for his wife and twin sons and they adore it. It is rich because of the cream but not overly so. The flavours are subtle with the Pesce Spada playing the lead. And the little pieces of egg on the Linguine help trap the sauce.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom