Liquid Smoke?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:19 PM
I'm not a great fan for pre-made seasonings, but this is one product I do use sometimes. I don't know how I came across it! I believe its an all American thing and perhaps lots of you on the other side of the pond use it all the time. Anyway... a few drops added to chilli or a home-made burger work magic. You can also brush it onto chicken breasts or pork chops etc, before cooking. I've no idea how its made and I'm sure its full of nasty carcinogens (but probably no more than barbecued meat, I tell myself) :D. There are various brands available. Do any of you use it? This is the one I have:

Photo on 15-04-2016 at 23.50 #2.jpg

Wrights_Hickory_Liquid_Smoke.jpg

I often use THIS one. :wink:
Be extra careful though. Too much of it will make your meats taste like medicine!! :ohmy:

When I worked in the kitchen, we would regularly use this liquid smoke when make your BBQ meats. And yes, a little goes a long way and often times the meals ended tasting like we really cooked them outdoors. When I'm making jerky in the summer, this product is amazing. I also will add some to my chili and it makes it taste like I cooked it outdoors. Making sandwiches? Add a bit to your mayo for great results! This thing is amazing and lasts a while since you only use a small amount.

I almost bought some of this the other day when I was in the store. I am not sure why I didn't do it. I cook outside all the time, but I use a gas grill so
the food doesn't have that barbecue flavor. I think that I might buy it the next time I see it. I haven't ever used it, but I know some people use it all the time.

I LOVE liquid smoke. We used to use it all of the time when we threw pork into the Crock Pot for pulled pork sandwiches. Liquid smoke can really enhance the flavor of your food, but a little bit goes a long way. I only buy it now when I want to use it in a recipe because most of the bottle ends up going to waste. This is something that everyone should add to their grocery list though.

About 12 months ago a friend obtained some for me from Bangkok. I don't know who makes it or where it comes from because the Thai importers stick labels over the back (I guess it's American because "flavour" is spelt incorrectly). I think I've used it once.

liquid smoke.jpg

Seen the product but I tend to steer away from non description products since the gm scares18 years ago,like sugar glazes that don't sweat ,I suppose it's a personal choice

I LOVE liquid smoke. We used to use it all of the time when we threw pork into the Crock Pot for pulled pork sandwiches. Liquid smoke can really enhance the flavor of your food, but a little bit goes a long way. I only buy it now when I want to use it in a recipe because most of the bottle ends up going to waste. This is something that everyone should add to their grocery list though.
It keeps forever in the door of the refrigerator.
Oh and to those that are interested:
The ingredients for Colgin liquid smoke are: water, natural mesquite smoke flavor, vinegar, molasses and caramel color.

Back
Top Bottom