Long term relationships

We had to get my wife's mother to sign a form so we could get married.
I first saw my wife on a bus I was on, it was instant sexual attraction, I got off the bus a few stops later never to see her again. Then about a year later I was going out with a girl who I was "visiting" while she babysat. I walked in the door and there she was.then I got asked by my girlfriend at the time to drop her off home. Hell yes. It was all on the next day.
The 70s were crazy times, if I hadn't met her I would have gone down the drugs and motor bike gang life.

Russ

My folks married at 17, they crossed state lines to do so, because to be married here, they needed parental approval.

As to underage...my brother's first wife, they started dating (in every sense of the word) when they were both underage, but the age difference was such that he reached legal status a few years ahead of her, so they were technically out of bounds on that one.

When they married, she was 16 or 17 and had to get her parents to sign for her. She used to laugh about being the only married junior in high school! :laugh:
My eldest brother was 21 when he married my sister in law when she was 17. Absolutely they were each other's first relationship. Many years later they have four children and ten grandchildren and are the cornerstone of our extended family.

Back
Top Bottom