Looking for a new community

Sotty but I'm to much of an annoying person to let that slide. There're no 5 star restaurants, we're stuck with 3 stars
Top 5 star restaurants in NYC ranked and reviewed by our critics

Time Out NY disagrees with you, apparently.

It depends on who does the ratings. Michelin only does three stars, but they don't rate most restaurants in the US. They don't rate ANY restaurants in Texas -- clearly because there are no Michelin worthy restaurants in Texas. :rolleyes:

BTW okokimup, we sometimes go off topic here. Get used to it. :laugh:

CD
Amazing restaurants in Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio...

Yes, sorry about the off-topic okokimup!

Edited to add that Forbes Travel Guide has a 5-star rating system as well...
5 Texas restaurants included in Forbes Travel Guide’s 2022 Star Award winners
"Carte Blanche: This Dallas-based restaurant received a 5-star rating from Forbes Travel Guide. Carte Blanche offers goods from their in-house bakery, as well as a dinner service in their formal dining room that provides a nightly-changing tasting menu that is based on the seasons, all utilizing locally sourced ingredients."

But if it is offensive to anyone I can edit my OP to fine dining instead of using 5-star, LOL!

Last edited:
Okay I'm sorry, when someone's talking about stars and restaurants it's always michelin stars
You don't have to be sorry about voicing your view and opinion on that, it's just we Muricans do things our own way, LOL. I am sure you have read the thread where cheese made in the US gets called by names that shouldn't be allowed (according to some people's opinions), and there are the occasional US sparkling wines that get called champagne, much to the horror of the rest of the world (and some wine snobs in the US who also feel that way).

Me too.

Hotels can five star, restaurants only 3.
Unless you're looking at trip advisor ratings then you're back to five stars but it's often a misleading five stars.

Welcome okokimup

The problem with Michelin Guide's star rating system for us is that they originally did not rate "Mercan" restaurants. Now they rate them in "select" cities, like the three largest cities of New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Houston is the forth largest city in the USA, and Michelin can't be bothered with it.

CD

The problem with Michelin Guide's star rating system for us is that they originally did not rate "Mercan" restaurants. Now they rate them in "select" cities, like the three largest cities of New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Houston is the forth largest city in the USA, and Michelin can't be bothered with it.

CD
Right, and if Forbes Travel Guide has a 5-star rating system for restaurants, I don't see how that can be discredited. But, just my opinion.

As long as we get what's meant I'm fine with having 5 stars restaurants in guides. And yes, it's kinda michelins fault of not considering US restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom