Low and Slow Makes for Tender, Savory Flavors in Barbeque Meats

misfitchick

Veteran
Local time
12:41 PM
Any kind of meat that you're barbequing... If it's done over a low, slow-cooking flame (and your hunger has the patience - this is where party dips and appetizers come in handy); brings out the most tender, flavorful meats.

No, they don't even need to be marinated... And if you're coating it with sauces, the sauces become thick and gooey - and we all know that saucy, messy foods are usually the best.

Ribs, especially... done over the course of 3 or 4 hours. Talk about melt-in-your-mouth HEAVEN on a bone!

Ah, perhaps this is why many times I found myself having barbecue that is overdone; I'm very impatient and never use slow-cooking flame, but I have to make sure of stand a bit longer and doing it this way next time.

MOD EDIT: Warning dead thread resurrection. Perhaps the deadest yet at nearly 5 years and 10 months!

And nobody, but nobody says & does that better than world renownd award-winning BBQ Chef Kevin Bludso, who's pic is my avatar!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only meat that I haven't cooked yet is brisket, which I intend to soon. :hungry:

Brisket is the heart and soul of Texas BBQ, and one of the hardest meats to do right. May I suggest you watch a few Aaron Franklin videos.

CD

MOD EDIT: Warning dead thread resurrection. Perhaps the deadest yet at nearly 5 years and 10 months!

And nobody, but nobody says & does that better than world renownd award-winning BBQ Chef Kevin Bludso, who's pic is my avatar!!View attachment 33119

It has not been that long. Only about a few months or so. I thought that posting or visiting old threads or even replying to them was not a discrepancy.

It has not been that long. Only about a few months or so. I thought that posting or visiting old threads or even replying to them was not a discrepancy.
1570575854767.png

last post was 10th December 2013. By my reckoning that is 5 years and 10 months give or take a day or two.

There comes a point when resurrecting an old post is pointless. It is new threads that the site benefits from, not old ones being revisited and when they are more than 18 months old, (perhaps even less) unless it is a recipe, it does not benefit anyone bringing it back to life. It is better to start a new thread that has some sensible content for discussion (or in this case put your post into one of the threads regarding member names).

So you're talking about the post itself.not really the fact that I saw it and replied to it, right?

Ok, so please close this one, & I'll start another one.

So you're talking about the post itself.not really the fact that I saw it and replied to it, right?
No, I'm referring to the fact that you replied to a post that was last replied to back in December 2013. It's a dead thread. If you wanted to talk about BBQ meats and using long slow techniques being the best (as far as you are concerned), then you should have started a new thread.
And again, if you wished to discuss the techniques used by "world renowned award-winning BBQ Chef Kevin Bludso", then again you should have started a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom