Lukewarm dinner

Local time
8:27 AM
How do you like your dinner/lunch? Do you like it very hot or just fairly warm? For me, my dinner has to have a certain amount of warmth in it in order to be appetizing, but it must not be so hot as to burn my mouth. I do not like lukewarm food, however. The temperature of the food seems to alter the taste somehow, and it is not as pleasant to eat as when it has a certain degree of heat. Some foods like potato salad, for instance, can be eaten cold or at room temperature, but other foods like rice, soup, noodles or cream potatoes, have to have some heat in them in order to be appetizing. The same goes for meats. Strangely enough, though, I can eat macaroni pie cold from the fridge. So, for me, this can be eaten either hot or cold, but not lukewarm.

Are there times when you would eat your dinner lukewarm?

If my food is supposed to be hot then I like it virtually nuclear but if it's supposed to be cold, I like it icy cold.

I'm always immediatley suspicious of lukewarm food. it gives me the impression that it hasn't been cooked quite long enough.

Tepid food that sits around for awhile will grow bacteria more quickly than hot food. That's why so many folks at work get sick with food poisoning from eating in the EDR. The steam tables aren't regulated correctly and most of the time, the food is not kept at a safe temperature. I like my hot food hot, not room temperature. I've gotten food poisoning twice at work myself. Now I'm very careful about what I select to eat for my break.

Tepid food that sits around for awhile will grow bacteria more quickly than hot food. That's why so many folks at work get sick with food poisoning from eating in the EDR. The steam tables aren't regulated correctly and most of the time, the food is not kept at a safe temperature. I like my hot food hot, not room temperature. I've gotten food poisoning twice at work myself. Now I'm very careful about what I select to eat for my break.

I agree that food which is allowed to sit for too long before being eaten would become lukewarm, and if left like that for too long, it would make it unsafe to eat because of the bacteria that would be forming. If food is cooked for 2 days, the portion that is left over for the next day should be put away in the refrigerator as soon as possible so as to prevent it getting to room temperature. Once before, I did not like to put food in the fridge if it was too warm. I always liked it to cool down first, since I figured that it would pull too much of the cold temperature from the refrigerator if put in there when it is still warm. Now I do not worry about that part, since I know of the dangers of it growing bacteria if left to stand on the stove for too long..

Back
Top Bottom