Mac n Cheese

I like cauliflower. How do you make it like mac 'n cheese?

Par cook the cauliflower florets. Place in baking dish and cover with Mornay sauce (cheese sauce). Bake in oven until a bit golden on top. I do a vegan version which I reckon works for this who can't do dairy:

Par cook the cauliflower florets. Place in baking dish and cover with Mornay sauce (cheese sauce). Bake in oven until a bit golden on top. I do a vegan version which I reckon works for this who can't do dairy:

View attachment 53744
That sounds simple enough. Your photo makes me want it right now. Thanks!

View attachment 53744
The carb free version is even easier. Just melt grated cheese in cooking cream and add a smidge of mustard.

Cauliflower cheese was one of my Christmas Day items. I pay-boiled and roasted a whole cauliflower head, then made a beer cheese sauce and poured that over, then under the broiler/grill, with some more cheese added, to brown it a bit.

I've remembered that and have a note (I keep written notes of ideas/projects etc.) to experiment with making beer and cheese sauce. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom