Recipe Magic Cookie Bars.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:16 AM
Magic Cookie Bars.
Here's a sweet treat that requires no beating, mixing or blending. in fact, you don't even need a mixing bowl! Hardly anything to wash! Let the kids help you do it! They will LOVE it to death!

Ingredients;
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter.
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
1-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts.
1lb (16 ounces) chocolate or caramel morsels or both.
1lb (16 ounces) flaked or shredded coconut.
1 can sweetened condensed milk.

Directions;
Preheat oven to about 350 degrees.
Pour melted butter into a 9"x13" dark metal or glass pan.
Layer next five ingredients 1 by 1 in the order listed above.
Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over everything.
Place pan into preheated oven.
Baker for about 30 - 35 minutes, 40 tops, or until top is lightly browned.
Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into medium-size squares. Remove squares from pan and place on serving platter and watch the kids' eyes light up like the sun on a cloudy day!!

Enjoy!!

When done & cut into squares, they should look something like this. :wink:
magic_cookie_bars.jpg

Attached Images

Last edited:
This desert has become a family favorite - being passed down to generations of kids in the family!

It was given to me by my dear late sister-in-law, made for my younger brothers when THEY were kids, made for my nephews & nieces also, when THEY were kids, and now, they are given to my grand nephews also!!

They absolutely LOVE them, especially my 11-year-old grand nephew who loves to cook & bake!! He will probably devour the whole pan of them!! That is how much he loves them. I taught him how to do it, and now he kicks me out of the kitchen & does it on his own!! He says; "I'll do it now, Uncle Shermie. You can watch me." Hah!! :wink:

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've seen these things. My mother used to make them for bake sales because she hated to bake. Well, make these or go the store & 'make' something from the baked goods department. :eek:

Thank you for this awesome treat. I will be sharing this with my grand kids.

You welcome!

And they will be making them for THEIR kids when they come along!!
I tell you, this desert gets rave reviews from its most critical tester - my 11-year-old grand nephew, his siblings, as well as teens!! And adults as well!

My nephews & nieces love them, and they are all grown - most of them with kids of their own!!

And I have to admit, I love them also!! I'm a kid at heart, and when I know that this kid-favorite treat gets in the hands of my grand nephews & nieces, it gives me so much joy & pleasure to know that I'm able to put a smile on their faces, bring a little bit of joy & happiness into their lives & make them feel so happy!! :wink:

Last edited:
Years ago, a friend of mine hosted a cookie exchange and one of her guests brought something very similar to this. I thought they were delicious, but she wouldn't share the recipe. Thank you, Shermie, for sharing. I will be making these this weekend; actually, my kids will be making these this weekend because this recipe is right up their alley!

Years ago, a friend of mine hosted a cookie exchange and one of her guests brought something very similar to this. I thought they were delicious, but she wouldn't share the recipe. Thank you, Shermie, for sharing. I will be making these this weekend; actually, my kids will be making these this weekend because this recipe is right up their alley!

Awe, you so welcome, my friend!

Everyone who even finds out about this most sought-after treat, seems to like it and want to try it!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom