picViZK5z.jpg

• 2 mahi mahi fillets (6 to 8 oz ea)
  • 1/2 fresh pineapple, chopped 1/4-inch-inch cubes
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, diced fine
  • 2 sprigs cilantro, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 red pepper, diced fine
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
  1. In a heavy sauté pan over medium high heat, place one tablespoon vegetable oil.
  2. Season the mahi mahi with blackening spice and cook for three minutes on each side (or until done).
  3. Remove the filets from the pan and set aside.
  4. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and red pepper and serve this mixture over the mahi mahi filets.

The picture's just oozing with that "come and eat me" vibe. It looks fantastic and my stomach's doing a back flip looking at it. Maybe in your country it's a different story, but some of the ingredients mentioned are not that easy to acquire in my side of town. Take for instance cilantro and blackening seasoning. I rarely see jalapeno pepper too particularly in small groceries. Maybe a trip to the bigger ones will do.

This looks like a photo in a food magazine it looks so delicious. I don't think we have mahi mahi where I live (in the UK), but I would like to try this replace by replacing that element with another fish. It looks a bit like tuna or swordfish and I can get hold of both of those. I might give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom