Make your own bacon bits.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
2:33 AM
This evening, I wanted bacon bits to put on the salad that I had for supper. But I found out that there were no more
in the fridge that I bought.

So I just made my own. I just cooked (pan fry) the bacon as I normally do, let it cool on a piece of paper towel, and then, I just pulsed it several time in the mini work bowl of the food processor until it was of the consistency that I wanted.

Then I put it into a small jar, screwed the lid onto it and put it in the fridge!! Done. :hungry:

Thanks for this tip! For some strange reason, bacon bits are more expensive than actual bacon here in my country. I might do this the next time that I will make carbonara.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a local low-budget supermarket and found out that they had bacon on sale that was close to reaching the expiration date

It was 50 cents a pound! So I snatched up about 4 or 5 of them, took them home & put them in the freezer!! They looked ok and showed no signs at all of spoilage at all!!

Great deal!! I'll probably never get that golden opportunity! Hah!! If I do, I'll get some more!! :hungry: :eek:

I never understood why bacon bits were so expensive. I don't usually add bacon to my salad anyway but this is a good tip for macaroni salad or something!

But bacon is just expensive in general I think! Plus if I tried to do this I think my fiancé would eat all the bacon before I can make it into bacon bits :P

Back
Top Bottom