Making Cookies Without Flour

Onionman

Veteran
Local time
1:04 AM
I tried to make cookies without flour as my girlfriend is gluten intolerant. I know there are various "friendly flours" like coconut flour etc, but I wanted to try out something that excluded flour entirely.

I tried making some with a recipe I saw that had millet, bananas, apple sauce, almond milk, raisins (that's all I can remember from the recipe). The taste was "interesting" and I may try again with different weightings (the millet felt a bit heavy).

Does anyone have any similar non-flour recipes that they could share, essentially with another alternative to millet?

Ground almonds or polenta are often used to make gluten free options, that don't include flour.
If you make your own almond milk then the stuff that you end up with (forgotten what the call it now) is a very useful alternative to flour as well. Same with any non-dairy milk you make; the stuff left over afterwards - OK I am going to go off and look that up, back in a minute, OK I will settle for almond or nut pulp... that can be used, but it is a touch heavy, so perhaps dehydrating it or drying it out in the oven first?

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I've seen it floating around the internet.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Bake 350 degrees for 8 min.

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I've seen it floating around the internet.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Bake 350 degrees for 8 min.

Thanks very much for that one. It looks so incredibly simple. I guess the combination of the egg and the peanut butter stickiness provide some sort of binding agent. Even I can't mess this one up (I hope).

Back
Top Bottom