Making strawberry jam...

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:07 PM
so I've got .750 kg of frozen strawberries from our garden, now to make some jam. My grandkids love home made jam, so I know where it's going.
Pics as I do to follow. Lazy sat here so watching the races and making jam. Do you guys make jam? It's pretty simple 50/50 fruit and sugar. Boil then put in sterilised jars. Simple.

Russ

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You just add everything to the bread pan. Program the Jam setting by pushing that button, The cycle will run for a preset amount of time until finished. :wink:

I made jam for the first time last year when we had a glut of strawberries from the allotment - great fun and not difficult at all :okay:

I combined a couple of recipes I found online: one that uses less sugar (750g sugar per kilo of fruit) so the end product is not as sweet as shop bought jams, and one that suggests not boiling the jam for too long so you keep more of the fresh strawberry taste. I ended with a lovely tasting jam, but it does need additional pectin to help it set.

So I had an early Easter hot cross bun with lots of butter and my new raspberry jam. I have to say it's the best I've ever tasted. My daughter took a jar as well. Hope to get enough fruit for another batch.

Russ

I made jam for the first time last year when we had a glut of strawberries from the allotment - great fun and not difficult at all :okay:

I combined a couple of recipes I found online: one that uses less sugar (750g sugar per kilo of fruit) so the end product is not as sweet as shop bought jams, and one that suggests not boiling the jam for too long so you keep more of the fresh strawberry taste. I ended with a lovely tasting jam, but it does need additional pectin to help it set.
Any pics of your allotment?? We watch a program here called allotment challenge? It's very good and an in sight to your guys gardening.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom