Mangetout or Sugarsnaps?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:34 AM
[Mod.Edit: Post moved to start new topic.]

I think they're also known as mangetout if that helps

I get slightly confused about this but it could be different in different countries. I always think sugar snap are the larger plumper pods and mangetout are flat pods where you can see the outline of baby peas inside them. Do other members differentiate them?

1595923886911.png

Mangetout:
1595923976695.png

Hmmm so in Aus the first pic are sugar snap peas & the second pic are snow peas (according to Google also Chinese peas).
They are different, sugar snaps need a quick blanch & refresh, where snow peas can be eaten cooked or raw.
Very interested to see what others think

I get slightly confused about this but it could be different in different countries. I always think sugar snap are the larger plumper pods and mangetout are flat pods where you can see the outline of baby peas inside them. Do other members differentiate them?

View attachment 44079

Mangetout:
View attachment 44080

The second pic is what I call snowpea pods.

Hmmm so in Aus the first pic are sugar snap peas & the second pic are snow peas (according to Google also Chinese peas).
They are different, sugar snaps need a quick blanch & refresh, where snow peas can be eaten cooked or raw.
Very interested to see what others think

Exactly the same here In nz. The grandkids eat them straight off the vine.

Russ

View attachment 44079

Mangetout:
View attachment 44080
That is my understanding too.

Back
Top Bottom