Marshmallow Fluff

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
2:20 AM
This past weekend I bought my first tub of "marshmallow fluff". I didn't grow up in the states so I'm completely unfamiliar with it and what you do with it. But it was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try!

So to me, it tastes more like goo, than fluff. I tasted it and can't really figure out what it's for or what you do with it.

What do you do with Marshmallow Fluff?

AAAADDYGPTUAAAAAAZVkMQ.jpg

Marshmallow fluff or marshmallow cream is often used as an ingredient in thing to give the sweetness and texture. You can use it in frosting to make it fluffier, you can use it to make rice crispy treat type things, not just with rice crispies if you are feeling creative.

I personally am not a fan of it though, I would prefer to make my own marshmallow cream with gelatin and simple syrup in the mixer, that way I avoid added ingredients that aren't needed.

I love marshmellow fluff as an ingriedient in my baking needs. I make Whoopie Pies and use marshmellow fluff as part of the filling. You take about a cup of the fluff and mix it together with a stick of softened butter, and a brick of cream cheese. This is not the most healthy frosting filling in the world, but it sure does taste good!

Many years ago there was a recipe on the Fluff container for "Fantasy Fudge" that used the fluff as a main ingredient. It has become my mom's go-to recipe for fudge and everyone always asks her, at every holiday, to make it. I also have seen it substituted for regular marshmallows when making Rice Crispy treats.

Marshmallow Fluff sounds interesting, I don't know if I have every seen this in my local stores, but I will be looking it so that I can make some fudge, one of my favorite things.

Back
Top Bottom