Meat Grinder Tips and Tricks

I'll write something up tomorrow and post my cumin chicken patty recipe.

20190829_074308.jpg
20190829_083918.jpg
20190829_084840.jpg

For the first half of the chicken that I was grinding it was absolutely amazing. Do to user error, the second half of the chicken didn't go so well. The problem was that I don't think I let the equipment freeze long enough. My bad.

When it worked, holy shit. It ground up two chicken breasts in less than a minute. Perfect ground chicken. We haven't eaten them yet. That'll be for dinner in a little bit. I through a bunch of cumin in it so that I could join the challenge lol

For the first half of the chicken that I was grinding it was absolutely amazing. Do to user error, the second half of the chicken didn't go so well. The problem was that I don't think I let the equipment freeze long enough. My bad.
Live and learn...I'm glad it went well!

I've gotten in the habit of placing the grinder pieces in the freezer, and leaving them there all the time. That way, whenever I'm ready, the components will also be ready.

I use the pulse button on the Cuisinart (above) to chop meat for burgers & such. The vintage one (below) came with one of the mixers that I bought from Ebay.

Last edited:
detroitdad: these look great! I like meat-to-fat ratio you seem to have in those patties. The oil slick is what I'd want to see in the pan after cooking them. I actually just defrosted some ground chicken that I ground earlier myself, and I think I'll follow your lead and make some tonight!

It's getting easier and easier every time.
It does! You'll probably find yourself wanting to experiment with different meats, particularly when grilling season comes around (in several months around here). Specifically, you might have some fun grinding a little bit of different beef cuts and blending them. This was something I made from sirloin, chuck, and ground beef. Amazing.

1bb36c12-8124-4867-b001-da40ecd91d72-jpeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom