MEATER Thermometers

muncher1

Local time
2:08 PM
Hey guys,

I recently saw the MEATER thermometer and while I personally don't own one, it looks pretty cool since it can give you temperatures of food you're making as well as time remaining. However, it doesn't seem feasible for anything you cook on a pan or a pot if you have to close the lid...?

What do you guys think?

interesting indeed. not sure of the MEATER brand, but devices which can be inserted and left in the over, making predictions of 'it's done' date back a while.

I don't trust them. too many variables involved to "guarantee" any kind of "accuracy."
it's a case of accurate "AI" but only if the human ensures the needs of the "AI" - which imho indicates "zero AI" - but that's a different rant.

many other options provide "leave it in the oven" - with/without "wireless" capabilities. with simple temperature measuring devices the human is fully empowered to make the decision about "done / not done"

there is no magic. there is only marketing hype of "do everything / do all things" - and I will blindly put money on "you're smarter than that AI gadget"

interesting indeed. not sure of the MEATER brand, but devices which can be inserted and left in the over, making predictions of 'it's done' date back a while.

I don't trust them. too many variables involved to "guarantee" any kind of "accuracy."
it's a case of accurate "AI" but only if the human ensures the needs of the "AI" - which imho indicates "zero AI" - but that's a different rant.

many other options provide "leave it in the oven" - with/without "wireless" capabilities. with simple temperature measuring devices the human is fully empowered to make the decision about "done / not done"

there is no magic. there is only marketing hype of "do everything / do all things" - and I will blindly put money on "you're smarter than that AI gadget"
Yeah, I'd assume the temperature display is accurate but the "time remaining" feature is all based on a prediction.

A meat thermometer that costs $100 or more had better deliver! I don't doubt they're top of the range, but it does seem a bit steep just to check the meat on your grill/in your oven.

A meat thermometer that costs $100 or more had better deliver! I don't doubt they're top of the range, but it does seem a bit steep just to check the meat on your grill/in your oven.
It's more or less the idea that its wireless capability gives you the the power to monitor your cooking status while you're away from the kitchen.

My partner got me a “Stake” It is pretty much the same thing as a Meater. I use it commercially a few times a week going on two years now. Occasionally I have to fiddle with it if it won’t detect the probe like log
Off and on a few times but it has never not worked.

Back
Top Bottom