Merry Christmas 2023!

I never think to buy something for myself.

You should. Like badjak says, you know you will like it. It doesn't have to be something expensive. Your birthday rolls around, and something catches your fancy, and you say, "I think I'd like to buy that." Then you do.

I have some home repair projects that are going to cost me about ten-grand this year. So, I didn't need to be buying myself a new smoker. But, sometimes you just say, "Why not?" Life can literally end in a heartbeat, so IMO it's okay to buy yourself something from time-to-time -- as long as it doesn't prevent you from "paying the rent," as they say.

On the practical side, do you know how much it costs to buy good Texas BBQ? The good stuff is about 30-bucks a pound! This smoker could actually pay for itself over time. :okay:

CD

You should. Like badjak says, you know you will like it. It doesn't have to be something expensive. Your birthday rolls around, and something catches your fancy, and you say, "I think I'd like to buy that." Then you do.

I have some home repair projects that are going to cost me about ten-grand this year. So, I didn't need to be buying myself a new smoker. But, sometimes you just say, "Why not?" Life can literally end in a heartbeat, so IMO it's okay to buy yourself something from time-to-time -- as long as it doesn't prevent you from "paying the rent," as they say.

On the practical side, do you know how much it costs to buy good Texas BBQ? The good stuff is about 30-bucks a pound! This smoker could actually pay for itself over time. :okay:

CD

It's my birthday in Feb. Instead of shouting my family a meal I'm"shouting myself".
Thanks

Russ

This Christmas has made me think : "Wow, I'm over 70 and people still want to buy me stuff I'll probably never use ", so I bought myself a bottle of Single Malt for Christmas. Far better than some stupid Santa pyjamas or a T-shirt with Batman on it. I'm trying very hard to get rid of stuff, not accumulate it.

This Christmas has made me think : "Wow, I'm over 70 and people still want to buy me stuff I'll probably never use ", so I bought myself a bottle of Single Malt for Christmas. Far better than some stupid Santa pyjamas or a T-shirt with Batman on it. I'm trying very hard to get rid of stuff, not accumulate it.

Wifes bro came xmas day and stayed the night. Bought her a jameson gift pack including glasses.
I got 0 lol

Russ

CD
Let me know if you’ve got a good method for smoking a brisket. I’ve got a couple burning a hole in my freezer and husband was totally horrified when I cooked the last one in coke.

Let me know if you’ve got a good method for smoking a brisket. I’ve got a couple burning a hole in my freezer and husband was totally horrified when I cooked the last one in coke.

Down here in Texas, some people cook BBQ in Dr. Pepper. It's a Texas thing.

But, the official meat of Texas BBQ is brisket. It is also possibly the hardest meat to BBQ, for some reason. Guys like Aaron Franklin seem to do it effortlessly, but I've never been able to get the same results as the Texas Pitmasters do.

Watch this. He is the wizard of brisket...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu4p3l6LuyI

CD

Down here in Texas, some people cook BBQ in Dr. Pepper. It's a Texas thing.

But, the official meat of Texas BBQ is brisket. It is also possibly the hardest meat to BBQ, for some reason. Guys like Aaron Franklin seem to do it effortlessly, but I've never been able to get the same results as the Texas Pitmasters do.

Watch this. He is the wizard of brisket...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu4p3l6LuyI

CD

Thanks I enjoyed that. I occasionally watch the murican Irvin/ Irwin?? But haven't in a while.

Russ

MrsT is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. She just paused it and took a screenshot:

“What’re you doin’?”
“I like that tree, that’s the tree I want.”

<fiddly-diddly on her phone for a couple of minutes>

“What was that about?”
“I just emailed it to Balsam Hill, asking what tree that is. If they respond, we’re buying it.”
“Oh, um, ok.”

🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom