Methods for brewing coffee

Erica_L

Local time
8:26 PM
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum, but I love cooking and have a lot of questions. Now I am experimenting with different sorts of coffee and different brewing processes. I came to this idea when realized that brewing coffee with my Turkish coffee brewing pot became my morning ritual, and the taste of coffee is influenced by the fact it's made manually (interesting, huh?). So I decided to try brewing in Moka pot (guess will start with something cheap), french press, siphon and other ways? What can you advise? I saw a coffee thread here Coffee but that's the old one, so here we go. Waiting for your thoughts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to CookingBites Erica_L - if you get the chance please pop over to New to CookingBites? and tell us a bit about yourself & your cooking interests.

Lots of people in the UK these days seem to use the machines for which you buy 'pods'. I don't have any direct experience of that method. The only method I've ever used is the cafetière. This sort of thing:

Hi, welcome! I'm a bad one to ask, as I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I'll at least offer up that I've made coffee using an automatic drip machine, using a stovetop percolator, doing the trendy/fussy pour-over method, and using a Keurig machine that takes pods.

Frankly, and it's probably heresy to say it, but the degree of difference between the "worst" and "best" tasting, for me anyway, was so small that it didn't convince me that one way was necessarily better than other way.

On the rare occasions I want coffee at home, I'll do whatever's the handiest - if I have happen to have pods on hand, I'll do that, and if it's just ground coffee I have, I'll go the French press way.

Welcome to CookingBites Erica_L - if you get the chance please pop over to New to CookingBites? and tell us a bit about yourself & your cooking interests.

Lots of people in the UK these days seem to use the machines for which you buy 'pods'. I don't have any direct experience of that method. The only method I've ever used is the cafetière. This sort of thing:

View attachment 33594
Thanks, my roommate has a boyfriend from Turkey who told me that my whole morning routine is wrong because in Turkey they embed these coffee pots in hot sand, and that's how the beverage is cooked, and now every time I'm making a cup of coffee I think about that. And I am not sure but I think I placed a link to the Moka pots reviews not to forget the name of the site, and I can't find that site now

View attachment 33594

That is how we make it. Generally, when we do it is for Irish Coffee.

Back
Top Bottom