Microwave Combination Cookers

Naillig

Über Member
Local time
11:25 AM
I once had a microwave combination oven which I could use to microwave, grill, oven cook food or use a combination of microwave and grill or of microwave and oven. The oven even had instructions on how to do combination cooking in general and instructions for cooking specific foods. It may even had an accompanying cookery book.

That particular combi long since stopped working and I now have a microwave/grill combi and a microwave/grill/convection combi, but no instructions for cooking specific foods and no cookery book. I can't find much help on the internet either. Am I the only one irked by this?

Companies probably stopped making them. Don't think they sold too well.
Plus, I think that other stuff took over, such as the air fryer, the toaster oven, Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi & the Peninie Press. Then there's the June oven & ovens like it that probably began to pick up speed in sales. :whistling:

Last edited:
I once had a microwave combination oven which I could use to microwave, grill, oven cook food or use a combination of microwave and grill or of microwave and oven. The oven even had instructions on how to do combination cooking in general and instructions for cooking specific foods. It may even had an accompanying cookery book.

That particular combi long since stopped working and I now have a microwave/grill combi and a microwave/grill/convection combi, but no instructions for cooking specific foods and no cookery book. I can't find much help on the internet either. Am I the only one irked by this?

I assume by "grill" you mean the British grill, which we call a "broiler?" I've seen combination microwave and convection ovens, but as Shermie said, I don't think they sold very well. I don't personally know anyone who has one.

CD

They sold that combi-oven here too years ago but with not much success. Now they have disappeared.
I had a microwave oven, never been very keen about it and I decided after few months to give it away.

Thank you MrsDangermouse. I had a look at your manual, but found it difficult to adapt the instructions to my combis. I Googled how to cook sausages in a microwave combi and found the tip that one should cut the cooking time by one quarter. i'm guessing it's the same for any food that is being cooked. I had been finding cooking sausages under the grill in either of my combis was taking a frustrating amount of time and thought I could speed things up a bit by using a combi.

Back
Top Bottom