(Microwave) Egg Mug

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
5:59 AM
I just heard about this today (unless I read of it previously here and forgot about it) although I've been making something like these before I knew what they were called.

I'd usually put a piece of wholewheat square bread in a bowl, crack an egg over it, add Italian seasoning and salt (for something savory) or milk and cinnamon sugar (for something sweet) add another piece of bread, another egg, more flavoring, and then microwave the whole thing.

I'd basically switch between those two, essentially a bread scramble and a French toast.

When I look up egg mug recipes, though, I see such a great variety that I've never considered! Mexican, Greek, pizza, vegetarian, all sorts of varieties!

Have you heard of this or done it? What's your favorite egg mug?

I've never done this but I've recently come across mug brownies which is similar and has opened my eyes to cooking more with a microwave. I admittedly don't like the texture that comes out all that much though to be honest, but it's still not that terrible and I still would happily eat it if I made one when in a hurry. I will start to try is out more and will look up more recipes for it. Thanks for sharing!

That sounds freaking delicious. The one time I tried to microwave an egg in a mug it exploded so I never tried it again lol.

In all honesty, I've never heard of an egg mug. My knowledge of egg recipes seems to be limited to omelet, sunny-side up, scrambled egg and adding eggs to the batter. Thanks a lot. It's relatively easy to prepare. We have a microwave here in the office and I always get to work without any breakfast. I could very well use this recipe as a makeshift breakfast. Two thumbs up.

I haven't yet! Thank you for sharing it though. :) I will try it this weekend because I am actually looking for microwave recipes. :)

Back
Top Bottom