Milked peanuts

oddduck

Über Member
Local time
4:58 AM
i found a carton of milked peanuts at the store. I have not been thrilled with almond milk but i love peanuts so I had to try it. Has anyone else given it a try?

IMO, it is not a milk replacement but it is tasty...my first thought after tasting it was...this would be good with rum.

Any thoughts?

I think @odduck means peanut milk - like almond milk only made from peanuts. We can get it here but it seems only in health food shops and its far more expensive than almond milk - whereas almond milk is easily available in all supermarkets in the UK. I use (unsweetened) almond milk all the time as its much lower calorie than cow's and easily replaces milk in lots of recipes. I've not tried peanut milk. I'm not sure why peanut milk isn't more widely available as peanuts are significantly cheaper than almonds.

I started using almond milk when my son became vegan and I like it so much I still use it.

Its easy to make nut milks at home (although I've never tried). Its basically nuts processed with water and then strained to produce a white 'milk'.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 11.54.01.png

Last edited:
Almond milk has a fascinating history. A lot of people assume its a modern fad and indeed the recent trend for plant based, vegan diets and 'healthy' diets has seen manufacturers snapping up the opportunity to market this product.

In fact, as Larousse Gastronomique informs us, its earliest recorded use is in the middle ages. I'm not sure whether or not to start a new thread about the history as its quite fascinating.

Last edited:
But the chocolate version of almond milk kinda taste like watered down chocolate milk which i don't find pleasant. This peanut stuff tastes more robust and doesn't seem to be pretending to be a milklike product instead seems to be standing on its peanut feet and tasting more nutty.

Back
Top Bottom