Mimicking your favorite restaraunt foods

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
9:22 PM
I'm a huge fan of quite a few food places foods. After learning several years ago that there are recipes online for some food places that I've started making some dishes at home. Mine at home don't taste as good as at the restaraunt but hey, it's close!!

Some recipes I've tried:

Little Caesars crazy bread
Double quick pizza rolls

I've tried many but can't think of them right off.

I've tried this for a couple of my favorite restaurants and have had some success with it, though they aren't fast food so the dishes were a bit easier to copy since they presumably use more traditional ingredients. Although, I once came across a video of the head McDonald's chef teaching how to make Big Macs at home and it did make me curious enough to want to try it out for kicks.

Years ago, I tried to duplicate a quesadilla burger that I ate at Applebee's. I did get pretty close, but I was never able to get it to taste the same. I have sintce eliminated red meat from my diet. Just thinking about it makes me what to try again.

There are some recipes I can make at home that are just as good as they are in the restaurant.

I made a mental note of a lot of recipes from TGI Fridays back when I used to work there, such as their Spinach & Artichoke dip, their Black Bean Soup, their Broken Noodle Pasta, Chicken Nachos, Black Eyes Pea And Corn Salsa and several others. The recipe floating around the internet for their Black Bean soup is exactly spot on, and it's nice to make at home because it's actually made entirely from scratch. Same with all the other items I listed above.

It's also super easy to make copycat Chipotle at home. For the chicken, just get a can of chipotles in adobo and puree it in a blender then pour into a resealable bag and toss in some boneless skinless chicken thighs to marinate overnight. Then grill them on a hot cast iron grill and dice the chicken up when done. The rice is literally just lime juice, fresh cilantro, sea salt and ground black pepper. The corn salsa is just fresh corn, roasted poblano peppers diced, diced red onion, some fresh cilantro, lime juice, sea salt and ground pepper.

I think the real reason for restaurants publishing recipes is because they know the food will never taste the same when cooked at home. Customers will have to return to the restaurant to enjoy their favorite food. Why else would they do it!

I cook my own curries and make my own pizzas, using my own recipes, which to me taste even better than some I've eaten in restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom